Anyone use WALKS of ITALY

drdaddy

When we were in Rome a few months ago we used free walking tours Rome, which was excellent.they even recommended places to eat, which we used several times and we shall be eating in the same places in November.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts. There are so many tour operators it is hard to choose. This trip (pre-cruise) is weird. We are usually able to get a group together from the meet and mingle but this is a mini stop for the Allure, heading back to Florida so there are not many staying in Rome. Most are already on the ship and coming in from the port.

We booked with them so I will tell y'all how it goes. We are back first week in November. We chose a van/walking tour and it sounds good, at lease on the website.

Sorry, I'm late for your trip but if other see this post it might help them. June of 2014 we booked Walks of Italy for their Secret Vatican/Sistine Chapel early tour which began at 7:30am. Amazing is all I can say. We entered the Sistine Chapel with less than 100 people there. On the way back through about three hours later, there were thousands of people. The guide was wonderful and I can't say enough good about the company and it's people. We then took the Colosseum tour with Walks of Italy the next afternoon and were taken under the stadium, and on to the Forum and Palantine Hill. Once again, the guide was wonderful and incredibly knowledgeable. I would give Walks of Italy five stars. Yes, these two tours were more expensive but well worth the extra. Who knows if you will ever get back there again so go for it.