Dinner Recommendation Oahu

NW Pacific

You are going to get many recommendations for restaurants but you may need to contact the restaurant directly re grouper. Is that the only fish you are looking for? There are so many great local hawaiian fish. From what I can tell grouper in Hawaii is a Hawaiian sea bass. Good luck and enjoy the fresh fish. Cherie

We love fresh fish- Grouper is not available here, just hoping for some, but other fresh local will be great. Would like a good place somewhat close to the hotel. will wait for recommendations, thank you

I'm sure you'll get lots of recommendations. Fish is very prominent on any menu in Hawaii. One thing I loved was that some restaurants actually list the name of the fisherman who caught the particular fish, and location of the catch after each menu item. Such as xxxxxxx caught by Thomas Smith off the point of xxxxx, Oahu.

Three of our favorite places to eat in Waikiki are Lulu's, Duke's, and the Hula Grill because of the good food, often good entertainment, and views. Another favorite is the Hau Tree Lanai in the New Otani, about a 15 min. walk from where you will be staying. I am big on dining outside when in Hawaii and having fresh fish. Some of these restaurants do not list the fish they will be serving on their menu because they do not know what will be purchased fresh that day. All of the above recommendations take reservations for dinner and have been great experiences for us. Lulu's is the most casual and we love it. We also prefer the bar at Duke's as opposed to the main restaurant but the bar does not take reservations. I hope you enjoy your night in Waikiki!!! Cherie

Edited by cccole

• 2 weeks later...

My ultimate Waikiki dining experience would be cocktails at the House Without a Key, followed by dinner at Orchids, both at Halekulani Hotel.

Even though the video below has some cheesy production moments it represents well what it is like to sit on the lanai at the House Without a Key and watch Kanoe Miller as she hulas and the boys play.

• 2 weeks later...