Parasailing off back of boat

JulieRose

Hi, I am sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam next month with my parents and 86yr grandfather who wants to go parasailing. Having been parasailing taking off from both from the beach and from the back of a speed boat, we think that he will be much more comfortable doing it from the back of a boat. Does anyone have any recommendations of a tour operator in Cozumel who does this?

While Cozumel would probably be our first choice of port, we are also visiting Grand Cayman, Key West and HMC.

Thanks!

We did this in playa del carmen when we were staying at a resort there. It's just a ferry ride from Cozumel. My mother who is also older loved it. There wasn't any kind of physical issues as she is a little mobility impaired. As long as he can sit on the ground and get up he'll be fine. They basically sit you down on the back of the boat with a harness on and then use a winch to land you on the back of the boat and bring you back in as well. We had them dip out feet in the water on the way down it was fun, and the view was spectacular.

As for tour operators get someone through your cruise line. The cruise lines check these companies out fairly thoroughly usually as it's their reputation on the line, and you should have a good experience.

Enjoy your para sailing ! :)

Thanks, maybe I will look into that. Unfortunately, we are traveling with HAL this time (grandparents choice!) and parasailing does not seem to be offered...

He's not really motility impaired for his age, so he could do it from the beach. My grandmother on the other hand does have trouble sometimes so if we can find one that goes from a boat, she may be able to go too.

Hi, I am sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam next month with my parents and 86yr grandfather who wants to go parasailing. Having been parasailing taking off from both from the beach and from the back of a speed boat, we think that he will be much more comfortable doing it from the back of a boat. Does anyone have any recommendations of a tour operator in Cozumel who does this?

While Cozumel would probably be our first choice of port, we are also visiting Grand Cayman, Key West and HMC.

Thanks!

If you are doing a beach day as well, the resort can book the parasailing. We go to Nachi Cocum; the parasailing boat comes right to the dock for pick up and return.

• 2 years later...

We were just in Cozumel on Nov 17. We walked to Jimmy Buffets which was right by our dock. (5 minute walk). My daughter and her friend parasailed off the back of a boat from there. It was $60 each.

Jimmy Buffets doesn't have a beach, but they do have 2 giant trampolines and other big water floatee things. We had a giant order of nachos, 2 margaritas, 3 beers, two Bahamas for a total of $70 plus tip. There is no charge for the water toys, but the guy asks for tips.

We went to Nachi Cocum on our last trip and since we already had an all inclusive scheduled for Costa Maya, we didn't want to do two.

Thanks!

I would personally do this in Key West as the US has to follow rules and regulations, outside of the country no rules or regulations. JMO It is a wonderful experience not to be missed,

I would personally do this in Key West as the US has to follow rules and regulations, outside of the country no rules or regulations. JMO It is a wonderful experience not to be missed,

This cruise was 2 years ago and, yes, we did it in key west.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk