Renting Golf Carts with Wet Money

mitsugirly

I would like some options/experiences on anyone that has rented golf carts with Wet Money. They seem to get good scores on TA, but most scores reflect people that have done the tours with them and not just the rentals.

I have been trying to make up my mind who to rent from and have come to the conclusion that Nathans is not the person to go with (after many reports of issues not only with the equipment, but the service and rental itself) and I don't even know if they are still in business.

My other option would be Karib and I have read a few reports saying that they have had issues with some of the carts and poor/rude service with the staff. So, it makes me a little leery about using them, but I'm willing to hear any experiences with them as well.

So, back to Wet Money. Those that have rented from them, did you find they had decent carts with no issues? Were they at the port to meet you when the ship arrived? Any issues at all?

I'm finding the communication with them "weird" I guess, which is throwing red flags. (Example, I emailed asking several questions only to get a small response staying where they are at. I emailed again and got 2 separate responses with a different price than listed). Just wondering if this has been anyone else's experience? :confused:

Hi

I've been to GT three times.

I've rented the golf carts.

I've rented the scooters.

I have no idea what company name I rented from.

My advice: Relax...chill

I wouldn't bother trying to make a reservation for one of these vehicles.

Rather simply have your party walk out the gate as if you are going for a walk into town.

I promise you....you will receive lots of offers for various types of rentals.

Don't be eager...negotiate.....walk away....negotiate some more....

walk away. I've even told them how much I will give them for the rentals.

These vendors can be rude, but who cares....you're not there to be their friend.

I didn't intend to, but I nearly started a fight between vendors the last time I visited GT. They were both deeply cutting their price to win me over.

Don't sweat it.

I'm going again in March. My plan is to attempt to get a bargain on a golf cart or scooter, but if unsuccessful, I'm just going to hire a taxi driver to tool me around.

Hi

I've been to GT three times.

I've rented the golf carts.

I've rented the scooters.

I have no idea what company name I rented from.

My advice: Relax...chill

I wouldn't bother trying to make a reservation for one of these vehicles.

Rather simply have your party walk out the gate as if you are going for a walk into town.

I promise you....you will receive lots of offers for various types of rentals.

Don't be eager...negotiate.....walk away....negotiate some more....

walk away. I've even told them how much I will give them for the rentals.

These vendors can be rude, but who cares....you're not there to be their friend.

I didn't intend to, but I nearly started a fight between vendors the last time I visited GT. They were both deeply cutting their price to win me over.

Don't sweat it.

I'm going again in March. My plan is to attempt to get a bargain on a golf cart or scooter, but if unsuccessful, I'm just going to hire a taxi driver to tool me around.

I am a planner.

I like to have everything in order prior to cruising.

I'm always chill.

I don't want to arrive only to find out that they are already reserved.

I like to know what kind of company I'm dealing with prior to rental.

I want to know others experiences good and bad to make a determination if I'm making the right choice for my family.

Having a reservation, knowing the price, not having to haggle prices or cause fights between vendors=less stress on me, the family and our vacation. :D ;)

I just checked Karib's website and learned that they are not taking reservations at this time. Repair and upkeep of vehicles. Wet Money website says you need to reserve tours but doesn't say you can reserve golf carts, ATV's or cars. I emailed them to ask for sure. I also like to have plans made and not have to worry that all the carts will be taken when I arrive. This happened in Key West so we had to walk all day.

Edited by Lucky Granny

I just checked Karib's website and learned that they are not taking reservations at this time. Repair and upkeep of vehicles. Wet Money website says you need to reserve tours but doesn't say you can reserve golf carts, ATV's or cars. I emailed them to ask for sure. I also like to have plans made and not have to worry that all the carts will be taken when I arrive. This happened in Key West so we had to walk all day.

I heard the same thing about Karib, so I guess they would be out of the question.

I did finally get Wet Money to answer me, after emailing a few more times, and then I had to ask again for a confirmation. They basically returned my email saying they have confirmed one for me. I will be printing out the emails and hoping for the best. :cool: Let me know what you get out of them please.

I had really hoped that someone on here could give some experiences with this place. :(

• 3 weeks later...
I heard the same thing about Karib, so I guess they would be out of the question.

I did finally get Wet Money to answer me, after emailing a few more times, and then I had to ask again for a confirmation. They basically returned my email saying they have confirmed one for me. I will be printing out the emails and hoping for the best. :cool: Let me know what you get out of them please.

I had really hoped that someone on here could give some experiences with this place. :(

Mitsugurly my family has rented twice from Junior of Karib rentals and have never been dissapointed. We are going back to Grand Turk this July on the Valor and have recently contacted him via email for reserving 3 carts since we are a big group this time and he immediately responded to us and even remembered who we were personally. I just wanted to let you know our experience with them. Good Luck with your planning

Mitsugurly my family has rented twice from Junior of Karib rentals and have never been dissapointed. We are going back to Grand Turk this July on the Valor and have recently contacted him via email for reserving 3 carts since we are a big group this time and he immediately responded to us and even remembered who we were personally. I just wanted to let you know our experience with them. Good Luck with your planning

Thank you so much for sharing this with me. We have 1 reserved for our day there and hope to have the same great experience. :)

Mitsugirly, I reserved a golf cart from Karib for March 16. We will be on the Pride (our first time on any Carnival ship). I really enjoyed your review of the Pride & am excited to read you are booking the same as we have. I read from Lucky Granny that they are not taking reservations at this time for repair & upkeep of vehicles. I hope that means they will be ready for March. Now I'm wondering if I should reconfirm my reservation? I, too, was not impressed with the reviews for Nathan's so I went with Karib.

Donna

Mitsugirly, I reserved a golf cart from Karib for March 16. We will be on the Pride (our first time on any Carnival ship). I really enjoyed your review of the Pride & am excited to read you are booking the same as we have. I read from Lucky Granny that they are not taking reservations at this time for repair & upkeep of vehicles. I hope that means they will be ready for March. Now I'm wondering if I should reconfirm my reservation? I, too, was not impressed with the reviews for Nathan's so I went with Karib.

Donna

I would definitely double check with them because I believe someone on our roll call also tried to book for our cruise date in March and was told the same thing (that they were down for service this month). :eek: While it's a good thing that they are keeping up with repairs, to a company, you would think this down time would be quite a blow to their profits. I would think it would be wiser to do repairs on each individual cart at like one a week or something so that all vehicles are not out of commission the entire time. That alone made me nervous.

I emailed Karib on Thursday. I have not gotten an answer back yet, but we did have a weekend in there. Maybe that had something to do with no response. Oh well, I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Donna

I still have not gotten an answer back from Karib. Mitsugirly, did you book from Karib or Wet Money? I'm thinking of emailing Wet Money also & reserving another golf cart just in case I have an issue with Karib. Karib also did not ask for a deposit.

Donna

Edited by PTAngel

I still have not gotten an answer back from Karib. Mitsugirly, did you book from Karib or Wet Money? I'm thinking of emailing Wet Money also & reserving another golf cart just in case I have an issue with Karib. Karib also did not ask for a deposit.

Donna

No, I booked with Wet Money because of several reports from various people stating that Karib was telling them that their carts were out of service for repairs...but for some reason it seem to be for an entire month. :eek: I find that really weird. I also found it weird they would take ALL of the carts down at once instead of just doing a few at a time in order to keep the service going. :confused:

Donna

Hooray! I got an answer back from Karib confirming my reservation & then an invoice for the deposit of $50.00 which I paid. I'm all set now. Now I can breathe a little bit.

Donna

Hooray! I got an answer back from Karib confirming my reservation & then an invoice for the deposit of $50.00 which I paid. I'm all set now. Now I can breathe a little bit.

Donna

Great...they have always taken care of us so I'm sure you will have a great time

Apparently any issues with repairs is not an issue for July because I just emailed Karib's and got a response almost immediately that they had carts available for my date in July.

Maybe it's just the time of month we are going (Spring Break). :)

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed Karib on yesterday, Sunday evening. I received an email this morning (less than 24 hours later) that they had a cart available and quoted me the cost. I just emailed them back, asking they reserve it for me. I'm awaiting their confirmation and invoice. I will be there in mid-March.

Hi, I see you are posting questions on Wet Money Golf cart rentals on Grand Turk. We too are looking for any info on them. We are sailing on the Glory on 4/2/16 with a Grand Turk stop on 4/7/16. I emailed Wet Money and got a very glib one sentence response to my questions and inquiry. On the site it lists $80 per golf cart and seats up to 4 as well as you must refuel before returning. When I got an e-mail back from Jamal it stated $100 for golf cart and must re-fuel as well as be back 1/2 hour before ship departure.....No response to location, or anything else. When are you going on your cruise? Would you please post something on them/review them for me on your return? I have so enjoyed your detailed reviews and cruise pictures.

Thank you :)

• 2 months later...

For anyone interested in renting from Wet Money. We had a good experience with them and was able to rent a golf cart for $60 for the day. We went everywhere all over the island and was able to see it all, just as we wanted. They were friendly and nice and gave us a map too. If we go back, we will definitely rent from them again if we decide to get another golf cart. :)

• 1 month later...
The site for Wet Money lists golf carts at $100. How were you able to rent for $60? Thanks----Susan

I just messaged them asking for a golf cart for the date we would be there and ask a few other questions then ask for a price and that's what they quoted me. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Alabaster Cruiser! After reading your post just now I went and checked the web site for Wet Money and golf carts - they must have just raised the price! I thought it was $60 . . .I guess we have to start looking for other options.

Hi Alabaster Cruiser! After reading your post just now I went and checked the web site for Wet Money and golf carts - they must have just raised the price! I thought it was $60 . . .I guess we have to start looking for other options.

Honestly, I don't think it was ever $60. It's usually $80 for a golf cart and $100 for a car. I got it for $60 maybe because they were having a slow booking for that day? Slow season and not booked up? Possibly even quoted the wrong price and they had to keep their word (because all of the other places were a lot more so if you look elsewhere for one, you're still going to pay that much ;)).

• 3 weeks later...