Beach Help! Beach with loungers and umbrellas for rent

BirmanCrazy

Hi! Taking our first trip to Bermuda. We are wanting to relax on the beach somewhere. Preferably a beach that has umbrellas and Lounge chairs for rent. It would be super awesome if there were bar service near too! Of all the beaches, I think Long Bay is the prettiest....I like a long, somewhat uncrowded beach with very little rock obstructing the view of the ocean/Bay. That Long Beach did not appear to rent beach chairs from the pictures I've seen. Anyone have suggestion of where we should go. Just my husband and I...no children. Thanks in advance! Diana

Beaches with facilities tend to be more crowded than those that don't for obvious reasons. Horseshoe Bay and Tobacco Bay both offer rentals, food, drink and facilities, but can get crowded at times. Horseshoe Bay is large enough for you to usually be able to find a spot on the beach away from the most crowded areas.

In the past the Coco Reef Resort on Elbow Beach has sold day passes to non guests, which is another option. The Elbow Beach Hotel has also done that at times. It's too early to know what their policies and prices will be for the upcoming season.

I see you're cruising at the end of April. While it may be warm enough to go to the beach as long as it's sunny, the water is going to be too cold for most everyone to go in that early in the year.

Edited by njhorseman

Thanks NJHorseman! A daypass would be nice. We are just looking to relax, have a beer/cocktail and enjoy the view. I figured the water may be a bit too cold as well as May being Jellyfish season for us to get in the water. We are arriving on the Anthem so Horseshoe will probably be packed with fellow cruisers.

Thanks NJHorseman! A daypass would be nice. We are just looking to relax, have a beer/cocktail and enjoy the view. I figured the water may be a bit too cold as well as May being Jellyfish season for us to get in the water. We are arriving on the Anthem so Horseshoe will probably be packed with fellow cruisers.

It is easy to find an uncrowded spot at Horseshoe. Most cruise ship passengers seem to think Horseshoe is the part at the facilities and don't move from that area, so that area near the facilities is crowded. But if you walk a little the beach clears fast. The date of your sailing to Bermuda isn't that great for the beach though at any of the beaches in Bermuda. If I were going there then I would not bother with the idea of relaxing on the beach. I would be in St. George and Hamilton. Hiking the beaches or Railway trail. If I played golf I would be on the golf course. Perfect golf weather. But of course personally I would not do Bermuda at that time of the year. The sea days are likely to be cool and it is more likely to have rough seas getting there.

we were at Elbow beach in Aug. They had day passes (or rentals of cabana tent on the beach with chairs, water, fresh fruit). We took our own chairs, but saw a family with the cabana rental. HB was VERY crowded, while Elbow had had hardly anyone.

• 1 month later...

If umbrellas are important to you..there may be a chance at Horsheshoe Bay that they may not rent them out due to windy conditions. Last August we got there early and were surprised that they wouldn't, it wasn't even that windy. Luckily, we went by the rocks to the right in a shady area. However, when the crowds arrived, there were many people, elderly and little ones, who were stuck in the sweltering heat without shade. We allowed people to squeeze in with us, but there was not enough room for the masses.

If an umbrella is a MUST, bring your own. Unfortunately, at Horseshoe Bay you won't know until you get there if they are renting them that day.

Hi! Taking our first trip to Bermuda. We are wanting to relax on the beach somewhere. Preferably a beach that has umbrellas and Lounge chairs for rent. It would be super awesome if there were bar service near too! Of all the beaches, I think Long Bay is the prettiest....I like a long, somewhat uncrowded beach with very little rock obstructing the view of the ocean/Bay. That Long Beach did not appear to rent beach chairs from the pictures I've seen. Anyone have suggestion of where we should go. Just my husband and I...no children. Thanks in advance! Diana

Diana, If you decide to go to Horseshoe Bay and rent chairs would love to know the price. We're going on Anthem in October and plan on doing the same thing. Thanks for your help. Enjoy.

Diana, If you decide to go to Horseshoe Bay and rent chairs would love to know the price. We're going on Anthem in October and plan on doing the same thing. Thanks for your help. Enjoy.

Chairs were $11 last year plus a deposit that is returned when you return the chair. Same for umbrellas. Check back to this board before your cruise for any changes this year.

It is easy to find an uncrowded spot at Horseshoe. Most cruise ship passengers seem to think Horseshoe is the part at the facilities and don't move from that area, so that area near the facilities is crowded. But if you walk a little the beach clears fast. The date of your sailing to Bermuda isn't that great for the beach though at any of the beaches in Bermuda. If I were going there then I would not bother with the idea of relaxing on the beach. I would be in St. George and Hamilton. Hiking the beaches or Railway trail. If I played golf I would be on the golf course. Perfect golf weather. But of course personally I would not do Bermuda at that time of the year. The sea days are likely to be cool and it is more likely to have rough seas getting there.

Charles, would you say beginning of June is a better time for beach activities? June 8-10 are the days that I would be in Bermuda, that is if I decide to book it. Not sure if the water is warm enough or just wait for September.

Thanks!

Charles, would you say beginning of June is a better time for beach activities? June 8-10 are the days that I would be in Bermuda, that is if I decide to book it. Not sure if the water is warm enough or just wait for September.

Thanks!

I think those dates are good for beach activities. The difference in water temperature those dates and September for me has been the water temp would feel nice right away in September. In early June it would feel a little cool initially but after a minute or two I would adjust to the temp and it felt good.

I think those dates are good for beach activities. The difference in water temperature those dates and September for me has been the water temp would feel nice right away in September. In early June it would feel a little cool initially but after a minute or two I would adjust to the temp and it felt good.

Sounds good, thanks.

Hi BirmanCrazy, I too was looking for a nice quiet beach. Someone had told me about CocoReef. I had emailed Vince back in January about a Day pass, he finally answered me today and told me that okay my reservation was made for 4 people at $69 per person to just come up to front desk and pay.

Hi BIGMAMMA9224. I found a day pass for Elbow Beach resort for $49 pp includes chaise lounge and an Umbrella. I might do that one. The beach is gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing. Can you tell me where you found this? I may be interested in doing this in June. Thanks

we were at Elbow beach in Aug. They had day passes (or rentals of cabana tent on the beach with chairs, water, fresh fruit). We took our own chairs, but saw a family with the cabana rental. HB was VERY crowded, while Elbow had had hardly anyone.

You brought your own chairs on the cruise ship?

Hi Birman, thanks. How did you find for Elbow beach, and how do I make reservation and do you know if it includes lunch. Cocoreef includes lunch.

I saw this on resortforaday.com, not sure if that is where the op saw it and it doesn't include lunch...the menu on the website is a bit pricey. Hope this helps.

I saw this on resortforaday.com, not sure if that is where the op saw it and it doesn't include lunch...the menu on the website is a bit pricey. Hope this helps.

I also saw the ad on Resortforaday, but I have not found any mention of the availability of the day pass on the Elbow Beach Resort web pages. It may be there, but I haven't found it yet.

SBtS

Thanks for sharing. Can you tell me where you found this? I may be interested in doing this in June. Thanks

Last year it was reported that Elbow Beach Resort itself was renting two chairs and an umbrella for $75. Not including lunch. So for two people that would come out to $37.50 per person. I would suggest anyone interested in Elbow Beach this year email Elbow Beach and see if they will be offering this again. That is a better deal then going thru Resorts for a Day at $49 a person!

Edited by Charles4515