La Quinta Cocoa Beach Pier

notgramps

We are planning to stay a couple of nights prior to our November cruise. Has anyone stayed at this hotel on the beach? Is there much to do in walking distance? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Great choice!

Someone else can comment on the service, cleanliness, etc. but I love the location close to just about everything you need! Many of the rooms have ocean views.

The pier itself is the main attraction but as you can see in the map below you are just a block or two away from a grocery store, liquor, many restaurants, takeout places and shops.

9e9d04afedb5cf66c754cccd753a97ec?AccessKeyId=48967324A3B30B96693E&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Edited by SteerageJoe

We stayed there a little over a year ago. It was a nice hotel. It is old, but was clean and the staff was very nice. We had a room with a balcony facing the pool, and loved it. You are very close to the beach. Just steps from the back of the hotel. There is a grocery store across the street, but it is a very busy street. Make sure you use a crosswalk to get over there.

Claudia

We stayed there a couple years ago precruise. We loved it! The pier has a couple restaurants. There is a Publix close by. Can't really say about things walking distance as we drove to Fishlips for dinner and to a couple stores. The hotel was really clean and nice. No carpet in the rooms which is nice in dealing with sand from the beach. Staff was super friendly and breakfast was really good. Note: if planning on staying in oceanfront room, ask for room above 1st floor. There is a hedge/hill type landscape that you won't be able to see ocean from 1st floor. We stayed on 3rd floor and was perfect. We didn't pay for an oceanfront, we booked an oceanview, but still had a great view of ocean and pier. Also, we were able to leave our car in their parking lot for the entirety of our cruise. Can't remember if there was a fee, I don't think so. They arranged shuttle to port. I believe there was a fee for that but was minimal.

We stayed next to the cocoa beach pier in early 2015 as we loved the location in the past. We were very disappointed the pier and beach bar in front of it were abandoned except for one small bar on it. Was told it was sold and new owners raised the rent so high. We discovered Fishlips which saved our precruise evening. I have heard there are new places open on the pier, I would double check.

Spent a day there in 2013. We had a funny time trying to walk to the pier from the hotel. Seems they had a lot of fences and such up and we kept running into roadblocks. We did eventually find the route. The hotel is nice, enjoyed the rooms and the pool area. I just thought it was hilarious that for the life of us we had a hard time actually walking to the pier. I'd blame it mostly on operator error. :p

We stayed next to the cocoa beach pier in early 2015 as we loved the location in the past. We were very disappointed the pier and beach bar in front of it were abandoned except for one small bar on it. Was told it was sold and new owners raised the rent so high. We discovered Fishlips which saved our precruise evening. I have heard there are new places open on the pier, I would double check.

Yes, you visited during a transition period. Things are back to normal at the pier and there are 4 bars and 4 places to eat.

It is a bit more expensive than in the past but improvements are still underway. Eventually they will reopen the fine-dining restaurant too (it is now a game room).

Thank you all for the info. This will be our first visit to Cocoa Beach, and our first cruise. It looks like I've made some good decisions, so far. We are really looking forward to Oasis.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know if they offer cruise parking and a shuttle to the port? Or vouchers for parking at the port? Thanks for any info!

La Quinta Cocoa Beach Pier is not a 40% discount partner but they do offer cruise parking and shuttles!

You will enjoy your stay there!

We are planning to stay a couple of nights prior to our November cruise. Has anyone stayed at this hotel on the beach? Is there much to do in walking distance? Thanks.

We have stayed there and it can get a little loud at night with the bars both at the hotel and the pier. Most have bands every night.

these will give you a good look at what's around and hotels

http://www.visitspacecoast.com/launches/

http://legendarycocoabeach.com/

Edited by Corvette06