Looking for restaurant w/view (water?) for dinner

Tom-n-Cheryl

Looking for a nice place to enjoy dinner on the island a couple weeks from now.

The "Wine Cellar" is top rated on TripAdvisor, but appears a bit formal for our tastes that evening. Not looking for a beach shack/dive either.

Something where a "smart casual" dress code is the norm... no swimsuits/flip-flops !

We're open to suggestions !

Thanks,

Tom

Looking for a nice place to enjoy dinner on the island a couple weeks from now.

The "Wine Cellar" is top rated on TripAdvisor, but appears a bit formal for our tastes that evening. Not looking for a beach shack/dive either.

Something where a "smart casual" dress code is the norm... no swimsuits/flip-flops !

We're open to suggestions !

Thanks,

Tom

There is a restaurant just over floating bridge in town. It's located at Plaza hotel. It's called The Waterfront terrace.

Edited by ODECCIT

• 2 weeks later...

It was a very nice and memorable experience. Glad we were able to enjoy it! I'll post photos after we return.

I would not call it "5-star", as their website implies (thought they are a botique hotel, and not a chain - as they point out). But at any upper end place - when you purchase a $200 bottle of red wine, you would not expect it to be brought to you IN ICE ! I asked that she remove the bottle from the ice, as we'd like it at room temperature. She did, and said it was to cool it down as it was in a place that was too warm (really -they treat fine bottles of wine this way)!

Excellent meal though. Super atmosphere - Gazebo dining, everyone should try it! Without the wine the meal came to ~$150 for the two of us. I had an entree of Steak Tartare, Cheryl had the prime grade CAB tenderloin. She said it was the MOST tender melt in your mouth cut she's ever enjoyed!

Tom

• 1 month later...
How did you get to the restaurant? How far away is it from the dock? Interested in doing the same in July on Conquest trip. Thanks in advance.

We just grabbed a taxi from the pier. For the trip back we asked if they could call a taxi for us - within 10 minutes, we were on our way.

Tom

• 9 months later...

Tom-n-Cheryl, It sounds like it was easy for you to get there and back to the ship but do you remember if your cab fare was reasonable to Baoase? How much time did you spend there (don't want to cut it to close getting back to the ship)? Thinking of surprising DH for our 22nd annv. and this sounds like something we would enjoy.

thanks in advance

calicostorms

Tom-n-Cheryl, It sounds like it was easy for you to get there and back to the ship but do you remember if your cab fare was reasonable to Baoase? How much time did you spend there (don't want to cut it to close getting back to the ship)? Thinking of surprising DH for our 22nd annv. and this sounds like something we would enjoy.

thanks in advance

calicostorms

Cab fare... I've no idea at this point, sorry.

I'd say we were there about 2 hours. It would be a nice surprise !!

Hope that helps.

Tom

• 1 month later...

we did go to Baoase and we really did enjoy it. I only saw one other couple doing the cabana and they were dressed similar to us (nice spring dress and gentleman was in slacks and I think a polo, my hubby wore dress shorts and crisp linen shirt). we felt very comfortable as far as the dress code.

the food was really good (I had the oysters which were a special of the night, 3 total but each different). hubby had a soup which he enjoyed but the noodles should have been short as they only gave him a spoon for it. we both had steaks for dinner and they were very good/tender. they also had a complimentary appetizer and some "chips" with a dip that they made there. For dessert I had the brownie and hubby had crème brulee - we both liked it. I think all in all, it was near $300 (including the cabana and a couple of cocktails)

Cab was easy and reasonable and we were back at the ship with about 1/2 to spare. It was very beautiful and will be a treasured memory of our anniversary.

we did go to Baoase and we really did enjoy it. I only saw one other couple doing the cabana and they were dressed similar to us (nice spring dress and gentleman was in slacks and I think a polo, my hubby wore dress shorts and crisp linen shirt). we felt very comfortable as far as the dress code.

the food was really good (I had the oysters which were a special of the night, 3 total but each different). hubby had a soup which he enjoyed but the noodles should have been short as they only gave him a spoon for it. we both had steaks for dinner and they were very good/tender. they also had a complimentary appetizer and some "chips" with a dip that they made there. For dessert I had the brownie and hubby had crème brulee - we both liked it. I think all in all, it was near $300 (including the cabana and a couple of cocktails)

Cab was easy and reasonable and we were back at the ship with about 1/2 to spare. It was very beautiful and will be a treasured memory of our anniversary.

Thanks for reporting back - so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time there!

Tom

We are looking for something a little more casual for dinner as we will be coming off of a sunset sail. (Not swimsuits...but somewhere a sundress or gents in shorts works.) Doesn't have to be waterfront...just good food!

Steaks and More in the Rif Fort area is alright and close to the ship.