Excellent Transportation to/from Bayonne

#4'smom

We used Angel Express Transportation based out of North Brunswick NJ for our family of 8 and they were excellent. We used them 3 times: Elizabeth Hotel to Anthem, Anthem to New York City & NYC to Newark Airport. Their prices were better than most companies, vehicles were spacious and immaculate inside and the 3 different drivers we had were always early and extremely friendly. They are a 10 out of 10 in our books and would highly recommend them! :D:D

We used Angel Express Transportation based out of North Brunswick NJ for our family of 8 and they were excellent. We used them 3 times: Elizabeth Hotel to Anthem' date=' Anthem to New York City & NYC to Newark Airport. Their prices were better than most companies, vehicles were spacious and immaculate inside and the 3 different drivers we had were always early and extremely friendly. They are a 10 out of 10 in our books and would highly recommend them! :D:D[/quote']

Sounds great.... Can you give an idea of the charges ??

$400.00 included transportation, tolls, taxes and 20% gratuity for 8 adults. They were always 15 minutes early, even at 5:30am! Our hotel in New York was on the east side.

We used Dial 7 Car Service from our hotel - Best Western Plus Newark Airport to Cape Liberty and then again, from the port back to EWR. I scheduled the first trip ahead of time and everything worked great. Using the spring16 coupon ($5 off), I think the charge with toll was $48 plus tip. For the return, I called once the ship had docked and the driver texted me about 20 mins early that he was at the terminal. It worked out perfectly. I believe the return trip (with coupon) was $42 plus tip. Cheaper than the ship transfer. Not sure about the taxi rate but was told by ship staff that flat rate for taxi would be $50-54 plus tip. Didn't know if all taxis are flat rate or some might be metered.

This rate was for two passengers.

Dial 7 was reliable and reasonable. Would wholeheartedly recommend them.

• 2 weeks later...
There use to be a walk up shared shuttle line @ the pier that was reasonable. I wonder if it is still there and what the price to EWR is now?

I'm not really sure what the exact price is now. It was bumped from $16 to $28.50/pp to match the cruise transfer price, but several posters have reported paying $20/pp without any further details.

I'm not really sure what the exact price is now. It was bumped from $16 to $28.50/pp to match the cruise transfer price, but several posters have reported paying $20/pp without any further details.

Any idea about a taxi cost for 4 adults ship to EWR? A prior poster said around $50 - $54 plus tip to EWR. Does that sound accurate?

Any idea about a taxi cost for 4 adults ship to EWR? A prior poster said around $50 - $54 plus tip to EWR. Does that sound accurate?

That sounds like a ballpark number. How much luggage do you have? Will it all fit in the trunk of a cab?

That sounds like a ballpark number. How much luggage do you have? Will it all fit in the trunk of a cab?

Probably not - 4 lg suitcases and most likely a few small carry ons. We'd probably need a taxi van.

Can you just arrange for a tax service or shuttle van to the port from your hotel room near EWR. or should you arrange it with the hotel ahead of arrival

You can do either. A lot of folks who post on this board want to have all their arrangements prebooked, but there are a lot of folks out there that just go with flow. The reality is that Newark is a very busy airport - ranked about #14 in the US. It is awash in transportation.

What hotel are you staying at?

• 2 weeks later...
We used Angel Express Transportation based out of North Brunswick NJ for our family of 8 and they were excellent. We used them 3 times: Elizabeth Hotel to Anthem' date=' Anthem to New York City & NYC to Newark Airport. Their prices were better than most companies, vehicles were spacious and immaculate inside and the 3 different drivers we had were always early and extremely friendly. They are a 10 out of 10 in our books and would highly recommend them! :D:D[/quote']

Thank you for the information. I was going to use them for two different trips in September/October, 2016, and saw 7 good ratings on google but could find nothing for them on trip advisor which scared me a bit. It is good to hear that you were happy with them. I have one trip from EWR to NYC for two and another trip from the Cape Liberty Bayonne pier to EWR for a party of 6. They have so far responded quickly but I have not finalized anything yet. Does anyone else have experience with that company?

Thank you!

Thank you for the information. I was going to use them for two different trips in September/October, 2016, and saw 7 good ratings on google but could find nothing for them on trip advisor which scared me a bit. It is good to hear that you were happy with them. I have one trip from EWR to NYC for two and another trip from the Cape Liberty Bayonne pier to EWR for a party of 6. They have so far responded quickly but I have not finalized anything yet. Does anyone else have experience with that company?

Thank you!

I can't express enough how happy we were with their service. We were in 3 different vehicles with them and all were spotlessly clean inside and out! Their drivers were so nice.

I can't express enough how happy we were with their service. We were in 3 different vehicles with them and all were spotlessly clean inside and out! Their drivers were so nice.

Thank you! I am going to go ahead and book them. I will write a trip advisor review when I get back if I have the same type of experience you did. You might also want to write one for them. Everyone always checks trip advisor and if there is nothing there, it certainly makes them pause. Your enthusiastic thumbs up tipped the scales!

Thanks again,

Connie

• 2 weeks later...
I dealt with Jason at Angel Express and he was always prompt and thorough in communicating with me. The day before each pick up' date=' I would receive a reminder text from them too.[/quote']

Thanks for the info. Just sent him a message on FB. I cannot believe how expensive car services are up there. I'm only going 10 minutes to the port...lol. :eek:

Thanks for the info. Just sent him a message on FB. I cannot believe how expensive car services are up there. I'm only going 10 minutes to the port...lol. :eek:

You'll be lucky to get to the port in 30 minutes on a Thursday morning and it's unlikely that the car service will get a return fare. You're staying at the Robert Treat, so accessible public transit plus local cab is also an option for under $25.

You'll be lucky to get to the port in 30 minutes on a Thursday morning and it's unlikely that the car service will get a return fare. You're staying at the Robert Treat, so accessible public transit plus local cab is also an option for under $25.

Thanks 138east. Do you have any advice about using Uber? Some on our roll call have tossed the idea around and while I've never use them, I did get a qoute for a "shared" ride.