Best way to get to Marco Polo?

alphabetti

We are overnighting in Venice after our cruise and have to make our own way back to Marco Polo airport for a 9 o'clock flight in the evening.

I have looked at all sorts of web sites re buses, land taxis, water taxis and vaporetti!!

I am totally confused as to which seems the most suitable/reliable.:o

Our hotel is close to Piazzale Roma.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted!!!!

Thanks in anticipation!

They are all perfectly reliable. That is why they are recommended here.

If you are dragging a lot of luggage, the water bus would not be my first choice, but it is definitely doable. And, as you have a late flight, the water bus eats up some of your time (about 2 hours) and gives you a different look at Venice.The others all work fine.

I've used the ATVO express bus several times, and the regular city bus once.

ATVO is more comfortable in that you throw your luggage in the hold beneath the bus. It's 15-20 minute drive, 8E pp.

http://www.atvo.it/allegati/aeroporti/linea_35_dal_1.05.2016_al_29.10.2016.pdf

A taxi will be about 45E.

Edited by mapleleaves

sounds as if you will have to store your luggage after check out from hotel unless they are prepared to store it for you until time to leave for airport.There is a left luggage store at P Roma

easiest route is to then take ATVO coach from P Roma to airport takes about 30 mins and cost about 7 euro pp

Another long time fan of the ATVO Express bus. Its comfy, inexpensive, can easily store your luggage (under the bus) and its fast. When we read about using the water bus (this would be the Alilaguna), not only is it very slow, but it drops you at the airport pier which is quite a long hike to the terminal. And you have to drag all your own luggage or try to find a rare porter (they can be so rare as not to exist) that will happily get your luggage to the terminal.....but for quite a price.

Hank