JW Marriott Marquis Miami

We just booked this hotel for July. We usually stay at the Intercontinental, but opted to try the JW Marriott Marquis this time since we are in the Marriott rewards program. Is this as nice as the Intercontinental? We enjoy walking around the shopping area there by the IC. Will we be able to walk from the JW as well? We will have our vehicle, but it always seems easier to walk.

We just booked this hotel for July. We usually stay at the Intercontinental, but opted to try the JW Marriott Marquis this time since we are in the Marriott rewards program. Is this as nice as the Intercontinental? We enjoy walking around the shopping area there by the IC. Will we be able to walk from the JW as well? We will have our vehicle, but it always seems easier to walk.

Great hotel, nicer and newer than the Intercontinental.

Over the bridge and about four blocks to Mary Brickell Village and Publix if you need to pick up any last minute items.

Great dining around you but DB Bistro (Daniel Boulud) in the hotel is amazing.

Views are great!

I like it a lot.

It was built only a few years ago.

I too like to walk over to Mary Brickell. Lots of nice restaurants. About a 20 minute walk.

One of my favorites near Mary Brickell is Pericone's.

http://www.perricones.com

Keith

Keith, I know how much you love Pericone's but have you ever tried Toscana Divino? Their pasta is all fresh and is amazing!

http://www.toscanadivino.com

Edited by cjskids

Keith, I know how much you love Pericone's but have you ever tried Toscana Divino? Their pasta is all fresh and is amazing!

http://www.toscanadivino.com

cjskids, we have friends who ate their and spoke highly of it. When we are in Miami later this year, I will be sure that we try it based on your recommendation.

Keith

cjskids, we have friends who ate their and spoke highly of it. When we are in Miami later this year, I will be sure that we try it based on your recommendation.

Keith

You will love it. They also have a great happy hour. Locally owned and not a chain.

Unfortunately, they have broken ground across the street from Perricones to build The Flatiron. So between the noise here and across on the 1010 Brickell Building, it's very loud to sit outside and enjoy. What a shame and I loved sitting at the bar with that nice huge tree having a glass of wine.

• 2 weeks later...

We loved the JW Marriott Marquise! We spent two nights there last weekend and it was amazing. We felt very pampered and spoiled. The room was lovely and the halls were quiet. Hope we can stay there again.

We loved the JW Marriott Marquise! We spent two nights there last weekend and it was amazing. We felt very pampered and spoiled. The room was lovely and the halls were quiet. Hope we can stay there again.

Thanks for coming back and sharing your review!

BTW, BlueHerrons, thank you for posting the code for 1st time Uber users! I used your code and received $20 off the fare from FLL airport to the hotel. My cost? $6.60!

I appreciate all the info and encouragement from CC posters. I probably would not have tried Uber without it!

BTW, BlueHerrons, thank you for posting the code for 1st time Uber users! I used your code and received $20 off the fare from FLL airport to the hotel. My cost? $6.60!

I appreciate all the info and encouragement from CC posters. I probably would not have tried Uber without it!

Wow!! $6.60 from the Fort Lauderdale Airport to downtown Miami? That's crazy! Glad I could help and thanks for using my code! I got a free ride!

• 1 month later...
I like it a lot.

It was built only a few years ago.

I too like to walk over to Mary Brickell. Lots of nice restaurants. About a 20 minute walk.

One of my favorites near Mary Brickell is Pericone's.

http://www.perricones.com

Keith

We just made reservations for next Saturday. Their menu looks fantastic and they have great reviews on tripadvisor, in addition to your recommendation. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm booked there for next week. Can't wait!

Thanks for the restaurant ideas. Any idea how much it might cost for Uber or taxi? I'm not sure if my mom can walk 20 minutes.

How was it?

Never mind...I see you loved it. Thanks for sharing!!

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising

Great to hear! We have reservations next Saturday.

I'm glad to hear good things about this Hotel- we are staying here the night before our cruise at the end of July. Does anyone have kid friendly restaurant recommendations that won't be too crazy/hard to get into for a Friday night?

I'm glad to hear good things about this Hotel- we are staying here the night before our cruise at the end of July. Does anyone have kid friendly restaurant recommendations that won't be too crazy/hard to get into for a Friday night?

What kind of food are you looking for? There are plenty of them right near by.