cancelled excursion in kusadasi

Going on queen victoria saturday. Had excursion booked in kusadasi to pine bay beach resort. Just had e-mail to say excursion is cancelled along with a refund. When I looked last week it was showing limited availability for this trip so I don't understand why it has been cancelled as we are still going to kusadasi and trips are showing on voyage personaliser to ephesus or adaland water park. Has anyone else had this trip cancelled.

If nothing else works out, I was just going to suggest you might want to visit the local hamman - we did that on our 2nd visit there (since we had been to Ephesus) and had a ball. Take your swimmsuit - the facilities are not sex segregated.

This is what the Gov. of Canada Foreign Affairs just published now 12H45 for Turkey. This advice is a step below "Do not travel"

Avoid non-essential travel

There are specific safety and security concerns that could put you at risk. You should reconsider your need to travel to the country, territory or region. If you are already in the country, territory or region, you should reconsider whether or not you really need to be there. If not, you should consider leaving while it is still safe to do so. It is up to you to decide what “non-essential travel” means, based on family or business requirements, knowledge of or familiarity with a country, territory or region, and other factors.

https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/turkey

So....

While Holland America has now cancelled Istanbul for the remainder of 2016, Kusadasi remains on our itinerary for October (per their email yesterday announcing the 2 day stop in Istanbul change, ... substituting Mykonos and Santorini and now overnight in Athens)

Land based holidays (charter flights) to Turkey holiday destinations are being done as normal this week.

We are scheduled to stop at Kusadasi with Jewel OTS next week on Wed. Let's see how it goes. Planning on having a leasure day at the town, not going to Ephesus but that was our plan to begin with as we've been there twice.

I dont think cruise line's stopping at Kusadasi is dangerous as you can always just stay onboard if yoy want to. A stop outside EU is important tax wise for cruise lines.

One thing with a state of emergency it could end up being more stable for tourism due to potential restrictions on demonstrations, strikes etc. Look to Thailand to see how tourism has resumed and grown after the military had a successful coup. Hoping we DO get to do Kusadasi.

We were due in to Istanbul on HAL on the 22nd I think it was. Then Kusadasi on the 24th. Just popping in to let folks know both ports were cancelled and the itinerary completely shaken up to add Saranda Albania and the Greek ports Mykonos, Rhodes and Iraklion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were due in to Istanbul on HAL on the 22nd I think it was. Then Kusadasi on the 24th. Just popping in to let folks know both ports were cancelled and the itinerary completely shaken up to add Saranda Albania and the Greek ports Mykonos, Rhodes and Iraklion.

At least they are thinking out of the box...looks interesting:

http://www.visitsaranda.com/html/thingsToDo.html#targetButrint

Interesting selection. When did you hear?

It has been interesting. I'm not regretting their choices at all. We knew about the Istanbul cancellation I think about three days ahead of the embarkation. It was the same morning as the attempted coup but before the coup started. The reason stated was the airport attack. I found out about Albania while I was in line at guest services to break down some bills on embarkation day. That was because of the coup attempt and resulting state of emergency. I am disappointed because I loved what I saw of turkey years ago but I'm sure the Turks have bigger problems than my disappointments. And the replacement itinerary has been marvellous. We are in Greece, after all...