Sagrada Familia - Best time of day to visit?

sunfan03

Booking our tickets online to see Basilica de la Sagrada Familia.

With our budding photography teens, what's the best time of day to visit? Morning, mid-day, afternoon?

I was leaning towards a 4:30 pm entrance time in hopes of being there for the golden hour. We'll be there in mid-late Sept.

We're going to do the Nativity Tower too - is it better to go up the tower first and then tour the Basilica or tour Basilica and then do the Towers?

We like to take it all in, so I anticipate spending a couple of hours there.

This year we went on first ticket in the morning. We were able to photograph inside the church while it was fairly empty.

Thanks mskaufman. And lighting was good?

We prefer less crowds too, so that's a big consideration.

We have been to the Sagrada Familia twice, and both times had pre-paid early morning tickets. My impression is that it becomes much busier later in the morning but we have not been there as late as 4:30 PM.

When you have prepaid tickets, can you print them at home or do you have to pick them up at the La Sagrada?

NMLady, you can print them at home.

After you purchase online, you are sent an email summary of your order, along with a printable pdf file of your tickets.

To save space, I printed 6 tickets on one sheet of paper (rather than 1 ticket per paper). It's worked for me in other situations ;)

Thanks for the input, everyone.

We opted for the early morning - grateful for your advice :)

Good decision. You will be able to see the ccypt. It is only open a couple of hours here and there. Why we booked early morning for our last visit and it was less crowded. ;)

NMLady, you can print them at home.

After you purchase online, you are sent an email summary of your order, along with a printable pdf file of your tickets.

To save space, I printed 6 tickets on one sheet of paper (rather than 1 ticket per paper). It's worked for me in other situations ;)

Thank you for letting me know. That's what I'll do. We were there in April on a private tour and the driver/guide had to pick up the tickets he'd prebooked. I hoped we wouldn't have to do that, so thank you for letting us know. We plan to go back in October when we're there two days pre-cruise. But this time we'll be on our own.

We plan on going in the morning. It was very crowded in early afternoon but that was in May, the height of tourist season.

Thank you for letting me know. That's what I'll do. We were there in April on a private tour and the driver/guide had to pick up the tickets he'd prebooked. I hoped we wouldn't have to do that, so thank you for letting us know. We plan to go back in October when we're there two days pre-cruise. But this time we'll be on our own.

We plan on going in the morning. It was very crowded in early afternoon but that was in May, the height of tourist season.

Since your last experience was unusual, just to let you know NOT to get in that snaking line up to get in. Those people do not have reserved tickets. There is a special spot for those with pre-paid, booked tickets and rarely a lineup ;). Or one of any consequence. If you don't see it, just ask one of the workers there and they will direct you.

Since your last experience was unusual, just to let you know NOT to get in that snaking line up to get in. Those people do not have reserved tickets. There is a special spot for those with pre-paid, booked tickets and rarely a lineup ;). Or one of any consequence. If you don't see it, just ask one of the workers there and they will direct you.

Thank you. I did realize that since last time after our guide got our tickets he made sure we got in the line of those who already had tickets for that time frame. He had us show our tickets to one of the workers who directed us to a much shorter line and we were soon inside the gate and went to the side place to pick up the audio pod.

Our driver would be back in 90 minutes but that was plenty of time for us to see for the first time the absolutely stunning interior. Impressive and breathtaking. We'd seen the exterior many times over the years.