Catamaran Sail and Snorkel - Strenuous?

Moobaby214

Recently had a health scare including a seizure and am now a little bit worried about our pre-booked excursion. It indicates that the activity level is "strenuous". Is it?

I can't really imagine how it could be strenuous unless it is talking about the catamaran ride being rough or... I don't know. So I figured I would come here and ask the experts :)

I'm going to assume it's one of Fury's reef snorkeling trips ---> https://www.furycat.com/?nck=branded&gclid=CL66ztHA2s8CFYcehgodSmMMjQ

If so the only strenuous parts will be the snorkeling itself which can be as strenuous or non-strenuous as you make it. You can see quite a bit by finding a good spot and just hanging around there and waiting for the fish to come to you. An additional strenuous part will be getting back onboard. You will most likely approach the ramp in the bows of the boat, twist around to remove your mash and fins, then kind of half-climb up the ramp. If there's any kind of swell, this is the most difficult part of the trip.

This video shows a similar trip on one of Sebago's catamarans and it gives you a very good idea of what one of these trips is like

You might want to avoid help raising the sails.

Pjk

I agree. The ride on the catamaran will almost always be quite mellow and beautiful. The only thing I would add about snorkeling is that sometimes they tie up to mooring buoys that are almost over the reef, and other times, you have to swim a bit to get there--which can be considered strenuous, though of course you can go at your own pace.

Thank you Peter!

Your response came at the perfect time, I was sitting with my doctor discussing whether he would even allow me to go on the trip! He decided I am clear to go on the cruise :D

I read off parts of what you wrote and he said that this excursion is definitely going to be a no for me. :( We will spend that money in the steakhouse!

The three hour trips out to the reef are so nice that I think they are worth the time and cost to go, even if you don't get into the water. I could never get a shot from a boat that shows how beautiful the water is out there, various shades of blue and aquamarine. Here's a try

ry%3D400

Net is, I usually suggest going if only for the trip and the drinks.

Pjk

• 2 weeks later...