Coco Cay Question

tm3750

We were on the cruise last week. The new bed and bungalow are on the new south beach area.

We had one of the bungalows it was awsome. If you don't have a bed or bungalow you can't even walk on that part of the beach.you get the bungalow all day with a couch,coffee table,4 big bottles of water in a cooler of ice,a fruit tray,two chairs for sunning and also two water matts.

There is also a private bar and at lunch time you don't eat with everyone else.they come take your order and cook it in a food truck hidden in the forest and bring it to you.

For the price $156.00 last week,think regular price is $200.00 it's a great deal and it holds up to 6 people for that price

Thank you for the information, making it even more clear. Did they call them Bungalows or Cabanas?

The bungalows and cabanas are two different things.the cabanas are at front of island and have no beach very big rocks and can only be reserved buy people in suites. But I believe they are a little bigger and come with a bottle of champagne.bungalows have a great beach

The bungalows and cabanas are two different things.the cabanas are at front of island and have no beach very big rocks and can only be reserved buy people in suites. But I believe they are a little bigger and come with a bottle of champagne.bungalows have a great beach

Thank you... I have never seen the Suite Area but I understand it to have a Sea Wall and a view of the Ship.

There is some new somethings that the Concierge called Cabanas.... I wish I could figure that all out...

I heard they have made some upgraded changes to Coco Cay is this true and what would they be?

Is there a floating bar there now?

There is, but after Hurricane Matthew:(:( rearranges the island, it may not be there..

Thank you... I have never seen the Suite Area but I understand it to have a Sea Wall and a view of the Ship.

There is some new somethings that the Concierge called Cabanas.... I wish I could figure that all out...

The Cabanas are not new, maybe you misunderstood the Concierge. The simplest answer is often correct. ;)

Not sure this link will work....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2405645&page=4

This is from another thread... look at these.... these are new... what are they called.... built is last 3-4 weeks..

Are you saying these have been there for some time?

Not trying to be rude, just asking a question.

Edited by troykahack

Not sure this link will work....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2405645&page=4

This is from another thread... look at these.... these are new... what are they called.... built is last 3-4 weeks..

Are you saying these have been there for some time?

Not trying to be rude, just asking a question.

No rudeness. I'm happy to answer questions when I can.

Yes, these are new, they are the Beach Bungalows. They are available online and can be purchased/rented on a first come basis. They do not come with the lunch at Island Oasis Cabana Club, but it appears they do have a separate lunch provided somewhere nearby. They are also located near the original Barefoot Beach in an area now called South Beach. The floating bar is nearby. All I am trying to get across is that these are not the Cabanas that have been around for years that are handled by the Concierge

I'm pretty sure they are called Bungalows so as to not get people confused with the Cabanas. They look very similar. I'm pretty sure the Beach Beds are the structures you saw with white linen curtains.

No rudeness. I'm happy to answer questions when I can.

Yes, these are new, they are the Beach Bungalows. They are available online and can be purchased/rented on a first come basis. They do not come with the lunch at Island Oasis Cabana Club, but it appears they do have a separate lunch provided somewhere nearby. They are also located near the original Barefoot Beach in an area now called South Beach. The floating bar is nearby. All I am trying to get across is that these are not the Cabanas that have been around for years that are handled by the Concierge

I'm pretty sure they are called Bungalows so as to not get people confused with the Cabanas. They look very similar. I'm pretty sure the Beach Beds are the structures you saw with white linen curtains.

The name is very confusing and it really doesn't matter to us as we choose not to rent one. I do have the email from the Concierge that called the Bungalows, Cabanas. So maybe the email needs to be used dated. I have tried to cut and paste the email earlier. When we boarded and meet the Concierge, they asked us if we wanted to reserve one before as we were told they will go fast. We choose not too. We did ask were they and the floating bar were located and were told at the end of South Beach. They said we could take the tram.

So to me, we don't use them, so the name matters not to me. I know know where they are as well as the Suite area on the Sea Wall. Lol

The name is very confusing and it really doesn't matter to us as we choose not to rent one. I do have the email from the Concierge that called the Bungalows, Cabanas. So maybe the email needs to be used dated. I have tried to cut and paste the email earlier. When we boarded and meet the Concierge, they asked us if we wanted to reserve one before as we were told they will go fast. We choose not too. We did ask were they and the floating bar were located and were told at the end of South Beach. They said we could take the tram.

So to me, we don't use them, so the name matters not to me. I know know where they are as well as the Suite area on the Sea Wall. Lol

Troy, FWIW, it is my understanding that the only thing the Concierge is in charge of renting, the 14 Cabanas, are the ones at Island Oasis Cabana Club. You are just confusing the NEW Beach Bungalows on South Beach with the Cabanas. As I said earlier, you misunderstood the Concierges letter or their conversation. I read what you pasted on the other thread, it was very clear that they were referring to the Cabanas.

majesty-of-the-seas-royal-caribbean-10366.jpg

Troy, FWIW, it is my understanding that the only thing the Concierge is in charge of renting, the 14 Cabanas, are the ones at Island Oasis Cabana Club. You are just confusing the NEW Beach Bungalows on South Beach with the Cabanas. As I said earlier, you misunderstood the Concierges letter or their conversation. I read what you pasted on the other thread, it was very clear that they were referring to the Cabanas.

majesty-of-the-seas-royal-caribbean-10366.jpg

Agreed.... but they changed the letter a bit to make more sense for us slow people.

The Concierge sent me a new one with a map. I posted this on the other thread.

Guess what....

I got a new modified letter from the Concierge on EN.

It has the new map and all the proper names.

The ones I thought were called Cabanas are called Beach Bungalows and Beach Beds.

The ones in the Suite area are indeed Cabanas.

I have a new email with pictures and a map, if someone could tell me how to post, I will do so. I looked to see if I could email to John but no way for me to do that as far as I can tell.

I am glad you posted this picture.... like I mentioned before, we asked at least 3-4 crew where or if their was a area for Suite Guest and they said they were not aware of one..... Doesn't really matter, next cruise we will hit the floating bar again....

Soooooo... apologize for my incorrect naming ..... I think it would make more sense if you could see the pictures on the area that was for rent.... in the letter it was called Cabanas and it was on the beach... with the Beach Bungalows and Beach Beds.... they now have a new form....

Edited by troykahack

Does Celebrity honor their drink package on this island? We've booked a bungalow for our cruise in March and have one of the beverage plans. That would be awesome if that was included!

Yup they do (You meant Royal Caribbean right?).

EDIT: OOPS, just noticed in your signature that it is a Celebrity cruise have booked... then I have no clue. Sorry.

dp

Edited by dpostman

Yup they do (You meant Royal Caribbean right?).

EDIT: OOPS, just noticed in your signature that it is a Celebrity cruise have booked... then I have no clue. Sorry.

dp

I've confirmed that yes Celebrity drink packages is included on CocoCay. Just rented our Beach Bungalow.

I've confirmed that yes Celebrity drink packages is included on CocoCay. Just rented our Beach Bungalow.

So Nov 6-Celebrity Infinity, will be my 1st cruise in 6 years. I decided to do some research on the excursions. I want to rent the beach bungalows on CocoCay island, but was very confused about the pricing, from other post I saw that only 1 person has to rent it (up to 6 ). 195.00 total. Does this include lunch for every person involved ?

Thanks for the info about the Celebrity drink package, very happy that alcohol will be taken care of.

Besides the swimming and eating/drinking, what other activities are available on CocoCay Island.

So Nov 6-Celebrity Infinity, will be my 1st cruise in 6 years. I decided to do some research on the excursions. I want to rent the beach bungalows on CocoCay island, but was very confused about the pricing, from other post I saw that only 1 person has to rent it (up to 6 ). 195.00 total. Does this include lunch for every person involved ?

Thanks for the info about the Celebrity drink package, very happy that alcohol will be taken care of.

Besides the swimming and eating/drinking, what other activities are available on CocoCay Island.

Yes, lunch is included for everyone in your party.

Private islands are owned by the cruise companies, so any activities are booked through them. If you go into your reservation on Celebrity's website you'll see any paid activities that are available. They have a floating water park with inflatables to climb and jump from, you can parasail, maybe take a boat ride, but if you're not looking ot spend extra, it's mostly just a low key beach day. The bungalows give you a bit more privacy and less crowds, which is why we book them. If you want one, the sooner you book the better, as they are very limited and they do sell out.

• 2 months later...

I am trying to figure this out also and am so confused right now. We are on a cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette leaving on March 19, 2017 Would like to rent a Beach Bungalow. There are 4 of us. I have talked to 2 different people at Celebrity and they both tell me it is $195 per person.

If I disregard what they are telling me and only do one booking for the bungalow, will the rest of my party be able to use the included transportation and have access to the other amenities?

I appreciate all the information posted on CC and appreciate everyone thoughts, concerns and opinions. Thanks to you all we have a better cruise experience every time. I have a couple of questions regarding Celebrity Suite guests and the island.

Is there a separate area for suite guests? Are there cabanas/bungalows available in this area? Do these come with our suite or do we need to reserve one? If we need to reserve one, and do not, are there chairs/loungers and floating mats for us to use?

This is our first Celebrity Suite and I find the celebrity site a bit confusing. LOL

Thanks so much!

Liz

• 2 weeks later...

I have a clamshell question. We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids ages 8 and 6) plus my parents. Can I rent two clamshells for the 6 of us - the kids won't be sitting under them they'll be too busy playing in the sand or water - or do I need to rent three for us all to stay together?

Edited by PoosieGirl