Bob's Limo vs Romeinlimo

wineandbeach

Has anyone used both of these companies? I see a lot of great reviews on Romeinlimo but we are only looking for transport to the port from Rome and then from the Port to Assisi. The price difference is huge. If anyone has experience with both, I would appreciate your thoughts.

Has anyone used both of these companies? I see a lot of great reviews on Romeinlimo but we are only looking for transport to the port from Rome and then from the Port to Assisi. The price difference is huge. If anyone has experience with both, I would appreciate your thoughts.

You could also rent a car. Parking in Assisi isn't too horrible, there's a lower lot near the Basilica that's most popular but if you continue up the road to the upper town there's other lots and garages.

If you are only looking for transportation, any well-reviewed service should be fine. With some companies you are paying a premium for entertaining drivers that are able to converse in English.

I would search here and also on Tripadvisor for reviews of any candidates you're considering.

We have used Bobs Limo several times, most recently last month. Their service is excellent. They are prompt, knowledgeable about everything whether you're interested in history, sightseeing or you just want your driver to know how best to avoid traffic. They will accommodate almost any request you may have and personalize the trip.

They offer discounts for seniors and discounts if you book more than one "excursion " with them. The personalized winery tasting and dinner tour from Livorno was by far the most fabulous excursion we have ever taken. And this was the result of simply inquiring about the possibility of such an excursion and Bobs setting it up.

Just FYI, driving in Italy is not for the faint of heart. There are also many US credit cards which won't insure you if you rent and drive in Italy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've used Rome in Limo several times for both tours and transfers. The difference we found with Rome In Limo was obvious on our last transfer from the port to Rome in April of this year. We walked out of the disembarkation area and immediately saw our driver with a sign with our name...this was after walking past many people looking for their own drivers. When we were driving out of the port we saw a long line of vans waiting to get into the port and our driver explained that he was able to pick us up right on time because he had actually arrived at the port an hour early to AVOID that very traffic jam. We were in Rome by 9:30AM and able to enjoy a full day.......so if it cost a few extra euro it was well worth it.

Thank you for the responses. We are not quite brave enough to try renting a car. We decided to hire a car to the port and then from the port to Assisi since the train to port topic on cruise critic sounds so confusing and we would have to change trains on the way to Assisi. Once we are in Assisi, we are hoping to do trains to the rest of our journey - Florence, Bardolino and Milan.

Thank you for the responses. We are not quite brave enough to try renting a car. We decided to hire a car to the port and then from the port to Assisi since the train to port topic on cruise critic sounds so confusing and we would have to change trains on the way to Assisi. Once we are in Assisi, we are hoping to do trains to the rest of our journey - Florence, Bardolino and Milan.

The difference in price, as Cruise Mom states above, relates to one company's outstanding reputation of charming American tourists. If you are interested in transportation and another company checks out well as reliable, save your money and go out and have a nice dinner with the savings.

• 1 month later...

I've used both companies. Bob's is usually cheaper. I'm using Bob's for my next transfer and going the shared shuttle route. Saves a chunk of change. I've gone back to the airport and taken the ship's transfer once, once being the operative word. The ship transfer was more money and consisted of a fully-packed and loaded bus. By the time we reached the ship, my knees were in such bad shape it almost ruined the cruise. Never again. In 2014, my suitcase took an entirely different route to Rome than I did, arriving a day late on my sail date. Rather than risk British Airways delivering it to Santorini, the Bob's driver took us back to the airport and then took me into it and did the talking so I could go through employee security into the luggage area and retrieve it myself, before embarking. The other shuttle pax were very understanding. I covered a tip for everyone with extra from me. That's why Bob's has earned my loyalty. They have a senior discount which I just now remembered (note to self - need to update that on an existing reservation).