Best Beach Spot at Labadee?

cjdixon4

So just trying to organize plans... We cruise this week! Been 3 years since we have been to Labadee and want to settle on the right beach. Do I have this all correct? Adrenaline is rocky, Nettie's has the costly play structures in the water and Columbus Cove is soft sand, no rocks in water and a nice beach? Do I have that all correct? Missing and beaches? Thanks!

Nellie's is smaller and does NOT have the play structures. Those are between Nellie's and Columbus, and don't interfere with the use of either beach.

Both Nellie's and Columbus are suitable for swimming, with sandy beach and nice water.

When you get off the ship, you will see the ferry on your right and there's also a sign on the pier indicating where to catch the ferry. The ferry and beaches are all free on Labadee. Columbus Cove is about a 15-20 min. walk, due to the heat, we have also taken a tram to Columbus Cove, which you catch at the first roundabout as you enter the island, just ask any employee as you enter Labadee where to catch the tram for Columbus Cove.

You're welcome :)

Thanks so much:)

• 2 weeks later...
There's also Barefoot Beach for Suites and Pinnacle guests. If you're not in a Suite, I would definitely go to Columbus Cove, IMO, it's one of the best beaches on Labadee, besides Barefoot Beach. The sand on Columbus Cove is soft, no rocks, nice beach, it's quiet, plenty of palm trees for shade if needed and your close to the luncheon buffet. Take the (one way) ferry over to Columbus Cove and the tram to go back to the ship.

We've been on Anthem quite a few times already and love the entertainment, there's so much to do on board. The crew is outstanding, the service is great, can't wait to go back on her again in September :)

Have a wonderful time on Anthem!!!!!

I asked this in another thread but how is Barefoot Beach? Much nicer than Columbus Cove? No rocks? We will be Sky Class for our next sailing so we will have access to Barefoot Beach

I asked this in another thread but how is Barefoot Beach? Much nicer than Columbus Cove? No rocks? We will be Sky Class for our next sailing so we will have access to Barefoot Beach

I just saw your other post and responded.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50814830&posted=1#post50814830

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks brillo. I found out later that I could have walked a bit further down for a "non-rocky experience". I'll know better next time. Yeah, the med staff was absolutely wonderful. Are you serious about being a cruise ship nurse? Wow...how cool is that. :cool:

was the medical bill high?

• 1 month later...

In response to snorkeling at Labadee beaches. We did take our snorkel stuff. And, to our surprise there was (what was left of it anyway) a partial reef under a large rock area and along side of a short walk pier just to the right of the ship in the cove area. Was at Columbus Beach and swam alongside the shoreline about 8' out. As you come up to a sharp curve or actually run into the pilings of the pier, the remnants of the reef are up towards the man made shore line. Makes you realize that reef protection regulations are not the same everywhere. Obviously, RCCL either didn't know it was there prior to construction or the locals just didn't care. Actually saw a few small colorful fish also along with a partially buried metal fence type contraption. Interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
In response to snorkeling at Labadee beaches. We did take our snorkel stuff. And, to our surprise there was (what was left of it anyway) a partial reef under a large rock area and along side of a short walk pier just to the right of the ship in the cove area.

Okay, so this was apparently in the Buccaneer Bay area?

Was at Columbus Beach and swam alongside the shoreline about 8' out. As you come up to a sharp curve or actually run into the pilings of the pier, the remnants of the reef are up towards the man made shore line....Actually saw a few small colorful fish also along with a partially buried metal fence type contraption. Interesting.

Is this the same spot, or a different snorkeling location? Seems like it wouldn't be "just to the right of the ship" if it was at Columbus Beach.....

• 2 weeks later...
The one under the zipliners is Adrenaline Beach -- that's not the one for swimming.

Nellie's and Barefoot beaches are across the road from where you were, and Columbus Cove is farther down on the same side as Nellie's and Barefoot. All of those are sandy with minimal waves, perfect for swimming.

So you can bring water shoes if you want next time, or you can just go to a sandy beach more suitable for swimming and leave the shoes at home.

Glad to hear that you had a great experience with the medical staff -- my plan is to be a cruise ship nurse after I get my kid out of the house. :)

How do you get the kid out of the house?? Mine is still here - going to school to be a Physician Assistant, working as an RN.

• 1 month later...
Does anybody remember the times for the food service? We were there once before and by the time we went for lunch they were cleaning everything up and we ended up with a couple of burgers that were like leather!

Last time it was 1:30 pm. That was on Celebrity though. I can't recall if it was the same time on Royal Caribbean. I would advise not going later than 1:00 pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk