Viking Optional Excursion Questions

brisco06

Is it generally necessary to book optional excursions before embarkation? There are a couple of optional excursions I may be interested but would like to be able to decide after boarding ship (weather, eg) before paying? Thanks

You can probably wait, but if it sells out your out of luck. What trip are you taking?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wait. Lots of cruisers book while on board. The cruise director talks it up. When more people book, they add another bus.

This is true most of the time, but not always. Case in point-on our Bordeaux cruise last year, we really wanted to do the Cognac blending at the Camus distillery so we booked in advance. Because this excursion is limited in size (30 people, I think?) it sold out in advance of the cruise. Those waiting until the cruise to book were out of luck.

On our upcoming Rhine cruise, I researched the optional excursions and found out that the "Top of Cologne" tour on the roof of the cathedral was limited in size as well, so I stalked the MyVikingJourney.com page until I was able to book.

If it's simply a side bus trip to a different location, you're probably safe to wait. My advice would be to research any optional excursion that you feel you must do, then book in advance to be safe.

Jeff