Freeport and Nassau help

KCruizer

I am having a really hard time finding something to do in these ports. It will be me, hubby, and our 16 & 18yr old boys. I think all of our trips to Mexico have spoiled me, everything in the Bahamas is much more expensive! Are there any tour companies that offer multiple tours to choose from besides shore excursioneer? I had originally planned to just get off the ship and find a tour in Port, but the last time we were in Nassau I remember the port area being a crowded mess of people yelling at you trying to get you to take their tours. It's hard to get details and make a decision in that environment. We ended up just walking around town and we had a good time but we didn't have the kids with us that time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

We did the Segway tour last year and our group had a family with 2 teenage boys. They seemed to have fun. I know we did. :)

Here's a link with my review and some pictures: http://susancrow.blogspot.com/2016/04/carnival-victory-spring-break-cruise.html

Instead of going directly back to the port afterwards, we went across the street and got some food at the Fish Fry. Fort Charlotte is also right there, if you're interested in forts.

We did Pat & Diane's last year in Freeport and LOVED it! They were so much fun and our kids had a blast. We did the Deserted Beach and Snorkel tour. We would do this again in a heartbeat! In Nassau, we walked to the Tiki Bikini Hut and got a great spot on the beach and were served food and drinks all day. It was a fun, relaxing day for all! Two years ago, we did the Grand Lucayan Resort for the day and that was fun too! Bring a credit card for food and drinks though. Cash only to get the day pass.

Have a great time!

We did Pat & Diane's last year in Freeport and LOVED it! They were so much fun and our kids had a blast. We did the Deserted Beach and Snorkel tour. We would do this again in a heartbeat! In Nassau, we walked to the Tiki Bikini Hut and got a great spot on the beach and were served food and drinks all day. It was a fun, relaxing day for all! Two years ago, we did the Grand Lucayan Resort for the day and that was fun too! Bring a credit card for food and drinks though. Cash only to get the day pass.

Have a great time!

I was just looking at Pat & Diane's. Was there restrooms and showers on the beach? The term deserted scared me a little LOL I can live without showers, but lack of restrooms is a deal breaker! The Tiki Hut sounds perfect for us!

I was just looking at Pat & Diane's. Was there restrooms and showers on the beach? The term deserted scared me a little LOL I can live without showers, but lack of restrooms is a deal breaker! The Tiki Hut sounds perfect for us!

There is a small restroom on the boat. They have two boats and we were on the smaller one (the one without the slide). The larger one that has a slide has a bigger restroom. The beach was fantastic! They made a wonderful grilled chicken lunch for us and broke open a conch shell and made ceviche with it. Here are a few pics...hopefully they show up.12932984_10206324515493579_5996162298201719393_n.jpg?oh=24c231f790144feca7c498973f3d5830&oe=59449C06

This is from the Tiki Bikini Hut

10511241_10206324517973641_2347579192953681403_n.jpg?oh=957036619c8c33e297a3e193fc5f35e3&oe=59385558

We have rented a car and drove to many beautiful places around the island at our leisure. We really enjoyed Lucayan National Park; the beaches are pristine and void of tourists, and the underwater caves are interesting to see.

I'd like to do this but we are a little nervous about driving on the left. How was the traffic?

We are in exactly the same situation - with two boys ages 16 and 15, and our 20 year old daughter.

Was the beach clean around the Tiki Hut? I only ask because I have read several reviews on here saying that Junkaroo Beach was dirty and that people found glass etc. in the sand, and I think the Tiki Hut is on Junkaroo? Or maybe it is on a private part that is cleaner?

I am assuming that if the Tiki Hut is on a private part of the beach we can sit there on their beach chairs as long as we buy lunch from them?

We were thinking of heading over to the Melia resort for the day which looks beautiful - although walking to the Tiki Hut would eliminate the getting there hassle.

I have heard great things about Pat and Diane's excursions and think we are going to do that in Freeport. I have also heard good things about the Calabash Eco tours, there is one that is combined snorkeling and kayaking that looks good.

I think we are going to just wing it in Nassau. There seems to be a lot more to choose from than I originally thought. If we feel like a beach day I think we'll head to the tiki hut or the Hilton, but more than likely we will just wander. Fort Fincastle, the staircase, maybe the pirate museum or the zoo, then down to arawak cay. We booked a snorkel trip with Pat & Diane's for Freeport although we haven't gotten a confirmation on it yet. It does make me a little nervous just because we did their brewery tour by limo once and it was a horrible experience.

Everyone keeps saying take the #10 bus, which we plan to do, but since everyone keeps saying that I'm wondering.... Does it get too full? How many #10 busses have to come by to be able to fit everyone on especially as a lot of people are getting off the ship at the same time.

KCruizer, I noticed you're going on the same cruise we are! Right now, Carnival is offering a deal on shore excursions. We normally don't book our excursions through Carnival, but we are considering it this time with their deal. It's a 20% discount and you get an excursion in every port. We're still shopping around, ourselves, but maybe looking into this offer would help you guys make your decision? :) Good luck! (Oh, and 44 days! AAAHHH! :D )