Cost of taxi to Coral World

shipgeeks

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea of the time it will take to get from Harmony of the Seas dock location to Coral World? We are scheduled to arrive in port at 10am and I have scheduled (not through the ship) to do the Sea Lion thing. Is that too close of a time?

If your ship docks at 10, you're at Crown Bay, and your swim is at 11, you're really tight. Just because the ship is scheduled to dock at 10 there's no guarantee you'll be off the ship at 10. Allow at least 5 minutes to walk to taxi dispatch, and at least another 5 to board taxi. The drive to Coki is about 30 minutes with no stops or traffic delays.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with that schedule.

If your ship docks at 10, you're at Crown Bay, and your swim is at 11, you're really tight. Just because the ship is scheduled to dock at 10 there's no guarantee you'll be off the ship at 10. Allow at least 5 minutes to walk to taxi dispatch, and at least another 5 to board taxi. The drive to Coki is about 30 minutes with no stops or traffic delays.

I wouldn't feel comfortable with that schedule.

Yes it may be tight but unless there is another option we would be fine with that. But time is precious, and I wouldn't use any of that looking for a cheaper option outside the port.

My post was directed to the poster with the Sea Lion Swim appointment and the timing of getting there on time. I would ask for a later time. It has nothing to do with cost which was suggested by another poster.

My post was directed to the poster with the Sea Lion Swim appointment and the timing of getting there on time. I would ask for a later time. It has nothing to do with cost which was suggested by another poster.

I was replying to your post.

BuckNut8412 - I agree with MS411 – a 10 am arrival with an 11 am reservation is cutting it close, maybe too close. There are so many things that can cause a delay – late arrival of the ship, delay in clearance, heavy traffic etc. If you cannot schedule a later time I would at least ask for a confirmation of what happens if you arrive late. Are you bumped to the next hour? Is the duration of your swim shortened? Or are you just cancelled? Living here I see how quickly plans can unravel. If the answers you get are not acceptable at least you will have time to develop a Plan B. Hope this helps and you will have a day that does not disappoint you! :)

Yes if there is a nonrefundable charge involved you'll want to see if there is a later time slot that worked for your port time to be absolutely safe. If not, barring a late port arrival delay or other unusual delays you'd still be cutting it close, but communicating with CW is the smart option. And a plan B is always a good idea in any port.

Good luck! :)

• 1 month later...
If you walk outside the taxi area at the port and over to the shops, it will be cheaper. Not sure if that matters to you. :)

Which port are you talking about, Crown Point? So it's less $ to catch a cab a little bit away from the cruise ship? We will be at Havensight I think but I'd be willing to cross a street to save a few bucks :D. Thanks!

Taxi rates regardless of where you procure one are set by government. The rates are posted on various sites and can be found with a quick Google search.

Taxi drivers who violate the rate guidelines are subject to fines. The givernment implemented the standard rates to discourage taxi drivers from luring anither taxi's passengers with lower fares. I have seen fights break oit when drivers have tried to do this and police had to be called.

Not sure where the "area with the shops" is, because the entire area is nothing but shops.

Which port are you talking about, Crown Point? So it's less $ to catch a cab a little bit away from the cruise ship? We will be at Havensight I think but I'd be willing to cross a street to save a few bucks :D. Thanks!

We have always docked at Havensight and walked across the street to the little strip mall and found it to be cheaper. Usually the driver that takes you somewhere will also offer to come back and pick you up for the same price. I like going over there not only because it's cheaper (because we usually travel with a crowd) but also because they leave right away where the buses at the port will sit there until they are full PLUS they will have a crowd going to different beaches/areas and you'll endure having to stop at each place until you arrive at yours. My port time is precious to me and when I get off the ship, I'm ready to GO! :D