Amazing race

dengirl69

Does anyone know anything g about the amazing race game in cozumel.

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Forums mobile app

We did the excursion several years ago and it is still remembered as one of the most fun things we have done. You can be as competitive as you like or just take it easy. It is really well done and a very fun way to see Cozumel. Would highly recommend it.

We did the excursion several years ago and it is still remembered as one of the most fun things we have done. You can be as competitive as you like or just take it easy. It is really well done and a very fun way to see Cozumel. Would highly recommend it.

In the description of the race it says there scuba diving. Does everyone I group have to do this can one person in group do it. Some in group don't like water.

Only one person in the group has to get wet, and its not scuba diving. Its one minute of swimming.

We did it this a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Its fun and a great way to see parts of Cozumel many do not see. The people who run it are great and work to make sure everyone has a good time. Highly recommend.

Unfortunately I got stuck with an older couple. He became the writer and he was so slow it was unreal. She kept hollering at him. The museum was hard and took too long. At the end they kept all the goodies and didn't ask me if I wanted any, they just left. Make sure you have a good group and it can be fun.

Unfortunately I got stuck with an older couple. He became the writer and he was so slow it was unreal. She kept hollering at him. The museum was hard and took too long. At the end they kept all the goodies and didn't ask me if I wanted any, they just left. Make sure you have a good group and it can be fun.

Can our group of 4 be just our group

We are on the Dream for the 3/26/17 Sailing and have this Amazing Race Excursion Booked.

The astronomical amount of positive reviews I have read made us want to book this excursion. I CAN'T wait and sounds super fun.

Myself, Wife & 2 Boys (12 & 8)

We did this in 2015 (myself, DH and DS (12 at time)), it was one of the best family excursions we ever did. Very much like the theme of TV show, a little educational, tons of fun! There were 20 teams when we did it, you pick a name for your group (the 3 of us were a team but you can join together with another group if you want).

You all start together and given a map to your first stop and clue, takes you all through the city from place to place including the city museum where you will get a little education on Coz while reading the plaques to get your clue (thought this was great for DS ;) ). There is one clue at the bottom of ocean (near shore and several groups will be in one boat, only ONE person will go get the clues (letters that spell the next clue) and then you go back to shore to move on to next destination. One of the clues was found in the outdoor marketplace in an ear of corn, so it is well thought out.

You also get an emergency cell phone that is connected to the "spotters/guides" in the game so that if you get lost or have any other issue you can press the button and someone will be right there to help guide you or pick you up. Took about 2 hrs for us and the last place you end up is a Mexican restaurant where we got a drink certificate and clapped each team as they came in one by one (they snap your picture for you as you come into restaurant). It was a blast and my son still talks about it. We came in #16 out of 20 teams but hey, at least we were not last! :)

• 3 weeks later...
How long is this excursion? Very torn between this and relaxing on the beach in Cozumel. We will be in Cozumel from 8am to 7pm so I wasn't sure if it was feasible to do both?

About 3 to 3 1/2 hours from pick up to getting driven back to the pier.

How long is this excursion? Very torn between this and relaxing on the beach in Cozumel. We will be in Cozumel from 8am to 7pm so I wasn't sure if it was feasible to do both?

I was wondering this same thing....would like to be able to do both if possible

We did this excursion in 2015 and it's probably the best one we've ever done! We were a group of four, two couples in our late 40's, and we had an absolute BLAST! So much so that DH wanted to do it again last year when we went (we talked him into doing something different though).

The people who run this do an excellent job and are a lot of fun! They are always close by in case you need them and as another poster has already stated, you are given a phone to carry just in case you need help.

We enjoyed the fact that we were able to see parts of Cozumel that we had never seen before and probably never would have unless we had done this excursion.

I wish that this would be offered in other ports such as Grand Cayman, St. Maarten, etc. We would do it in a heartbeat!

We did this excursion in 2015 and it's probably the best one we've ever done! We were a group of four, two couples in our late 40's, and we had an absolute BLAST! So much so that DH wanted to do it again last year when we went (we talked him into doing something different though).

The people who run this do an excellent job and are a lot of fun! They are always close by in case you need them and as another poster has already stated, you are given a phone to carry just in case you need help.

We enjoyed the fact that we were able to see parts of Cozumel that we had never seen before and probably never would have unless we had done this excursion.

I wish that this would be offered in other ports such as Grand Cayman, St. Maarten, etc. We would do it in a heartbeat!

I think it is offered in St Maarten if you google.