Crystal Cruises Delays Launch of Its Two New River Ships

LauraS

Miles, you seem to fit right into the age that Vince said books six months to two years out. Not sure why you think you need to be disagreeing with him.

I have three cruises booked for 2018, so I'm happy to be in your same age demographic, although I'm certainly older, but only by one meager decade.

For the folks who have their river cruises cancelled in a mere three to five months, that is very disappointing. I hope you find a way to use the free cruise!

I had my Galapagos cruise cancelled something like one week in advance once, but guess what -- we survived, found two substitute little getaways which ended up being delightful, and then the following year we had a fabulous Galapagos experience. Being retired, of course, makes it oh so much easier. And the compensation was certainly appreciated.

Being retired, of course, makes it oh so much easier. And the compensation was certainly appreciated.

Yes I would imagine!

We book all of our vacations very far in advance, usually 1 year or more.

My job requires a minimum of four months notice for time away (which is a whole different thread...:rolleyes:) and lots of rules about how many folks can be out at once. New this year they announced last month that no one can take vacation the last two weeks of June and first week of July, which then just shuffled all of the requests into the rest of the summer which is now vacation gridlock.

You'll notice in my signature a sailing for December 2019!

Being retired, of course, makes it oh so much easier.

I had not really given that any thought, but it is true. For years we would book ten to fifteen months out, but now that we are semi-retired (less semi- and more retired:D ) we do tend to book closer to eighteen months to two years, or in the case of the 2019 WC, almost three years, out. Of course being a TA does make it a lot easier to get things done quickly, and more often than not, from home.

I am retried as well but I never can get the suite we want in a 3-6 month period. Most people that we know book at least a year out.

May B, what are you talking about? I am not disagreeing with Vince. How do you know how old I am? Oh, just got it ...you bothered to look at my profile. I have held up well over the years I think. I don't need the embalmer yet.

I am retried as well but I never can get the suite we want in a 3-6 month period. Most people that we know book at least a year out.

May B, what are you talking about? I am not disagreeing with Vince. How do you know how old I am? Oh, just got it ...you bothered to look at my profile. I have held up well over the years I think. I don't need the embalmer yet.

The embalmer! Oh nooo.

Actually, I thought you had mentioned a big birthday, not too far back, and I jumped to a conclusion of what it was. I could be all wrong, of course, and since age is just a number, I'll also lay claim to having held up well over the years, and let's leave it at that.

It's great to be retired (or, semi-) and still be able to travel and enjoy. We just booked a third cruise for '18 which pretty much allows us to tick off everything from our bucket list. Mr. B. often says he isn't sure if that's a good thing or not. I'll just say, after that it's all gravy. And if there isn't anything after that, it's been a great ride.