ATM at Heathrow?

jonj

We are arriving into Terminal 5 at Heathrow. We have a private car transfer and would like to know if there is a Barclay's Bank ATM in the airport or any ATM. Barclay's is affiliated with out bank in the U.S. and we would not be charged extra fees for using it. I have been reading articles that a lot of airports have switches to the Travelex machines which are exchange bureaus and I stay far away from them due to the poor exchange rate.

Trying to figure out if I should get some Pounds from our home bank before leaving or waiting until I arrive.

Thank you

Just bring 200 Euro from home to have cash to start with. The small fee is worth having no immediate need. I order from my bank and get it the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The OP won't need Euro in the UK.

We normally get some before going and today is the last day to order to get in time with the holiday weekend coming up. I was trying to figure out the best way. Heading to the bank

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The OP won't need Euro in the UK.
Euro?? [emoji848][emoji848] we use £
The OP's itinerary starts in the UK. Their ship then calls in Norway and Denmark (both non-Euro countries) before going on to Finland (which uses the Euro). So even if they wanted to bring some currency with them, the Euro would be quite a long way down the priority list.

At any rate, there should be no need to stress about this even if taking a private car transfer. Taxis and minicabs alike are well used to stopping at cash machines en route to allow people to draw cash to pay the driver. When a cruise ship passenger has plenty of luggage stored in the car, the driver won't even be worrying about the usual risk involved in letting someone do this, which is that the passenger gets out of the car and then legs it.