ARUBA TRIKES vs All Day at Palm Beach?????

RecoveryDude

Hi! Going to be in Aruba for first time ... from 1:00 to 10PM on Monday May 1st. Trying to decide what to do. Considering the Trike tour ... but also want to see/Shop at Palm Beach (buy souveniers, see Hard Rock Cafe, etc) Trying to decide if we will have "enough" time in Palm Bay ... cause the Trikes wont finish till 5:30, then we have to taxi to Palm Beach (anyone know how long it will take to get from end of Trikes tour to Palm Beach?) ... and All Abord is 9:30 ... so if it takes 30 min to get to Palm Beack then we really only have 3 hours before we have to leave for the ship; Is that enough time to see all the stores? How big an area is it?

The other option we were thinking about is just spending all afternoon and evening in Palm Beach and renting a Jet Ski and maybe Parasailing and then shopping/eating ... that way we are not "rushed." ---

Other thing is the Trikes are expensive ... we would each want our own so it will be $380/2 ... so doing a few water sports would most likely be better ....

Or we could rent a car and do our own tour ... choices choices ....

Between those options, what do you guys think????

Thanks for your thoughts

Do the trikes and see Aruba, jet skis are $65 a half hour. Try to catch a sunset. A taxi to Palm Beach should take 5 minutes, 10 if he drives slow. You have the Paseo Herencia Mall and next door to the east is the Palm Beach Plaza Mall, the stores stay open late.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going to be there on May 1st as well on the Sunshine. I was wondering the same. But we did book the trikes tour and thought we would go from there. Let us know if you decide to go that route. At least we would know we aren't the only ones on tour.

• 3 weeks later...
We are going to be there on May 1st as well on the Sunshine. I was wondering the same. But we did book the trikes tour and thought we would go from there. Let us know if you decide to go that route. At least we would know we aren't the only ones on tour.

You'll enjoy it! We like it so much I think we are going to book the Trikes in Cozumel in June.....(it's new there!!). Also coming to St. Maarten soon! Yippee!! That would be a fun tour!

• 2 weeks later...

Other thing is the Trikes are expensive ... we would each want our own so it will be $380/2 ... so doing a few water sports would most likely be better ....

Thanks for your thoughts

We did the trikes last November. You might consider just one trike and switch drivers part way through. It was an option. It is a great tour and the looks you get from others as you zoom through is priceless. Cars stopped and drivers waved and flashed their lights for us to go on as a group. Roundabouts were a breeze with other drivers so courteous, something we don't see much here at home! People came up at the stops to ask how we got this tour.

Hi! Going to be in Aruba for first time ... from 1:00 to 10PM on Monday May 1st. Trying to decide what to do. Considering the Trike tour ... but also want to see/Shop at Palm Beach (buy souveniers, see Hard Rock Cafe, etc) Trying to decide if we will have "enough" time in Palm Bay ... cause the Trikes wont finish till 5:30, then we have to taxi to Palm Beach (anyone know how long it will take to get from end of Trikes tour to Palm Beach?) ... and All Abord is 9:30 ... so if it takes 30 min to get to Palm Beack then we really only have 3 hours before we have to leave for the ship; Is that enough time to see all the stores? How big an area is it?

The other option we were thinking about is just spending all afternoon and evening in Palm Beach and renting a Jet Ski and maybe Parasailing and then shopping/eating ... that way we are not "rushed." ---

Thanks for your thoughts

We booked the sunset Trike tour but due to rough seas we didn't arrive until 4:30 pm.. so our sightseeing was limited.

We went to the chapel and the lighthouse and by then it was dark so we just did some extra riding thru town. The trikes are very well kept and there is a guide in front and back to make sure that nobody gets lost. We cruised the first week in March 2017 and the seas going to Aruba were terribly rough so you should have a "plan B" :eek: just in case your arrival time gets pushed out.

We did the trikes last November. You might consider just one trike and switch drivers part way through. It was an option. It is a great tour and the looks you get from others as you zoom through is priceless. Cars stopped and drivers waved and flashed their lights for us to go on as a group. Roundabouts were a breeze with other drivers so courteous, something we don't see much here at home! People came up at the stops to ask how we got this tour.

Great to hear, I'll be there in 3 weeks, will take lots of photos.

Edited by BillOh
I know the difference between here and hear. How does that happen?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I came across this post while looking for what to do in Aruba. Just reading the excitement and enjoyment everyone had made me inquire. I am waiting to hear back to see if they are available when I am in port. I have asked to book the 2pm - 5pm. Pick up at 1:30PM and dropped back at our ship at 5:30PM.

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know what ages can drive or ride? We have kids aged 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 . Thanks

The website says age 6 to ride. We have a 17-year-old, and I don't think I would feel comfortable with him driving one of these trikes!

My husband and I had a blast on it in November, but you are on main roads with traffic. Most of them are standard, they do have a couple automatic. You have to reserve those far in advance, which we did.

• 2 weeks later...

We are just back from the celebrity eclipse 14 day carribean cruise. We did the trikes on Aruba, I have no motorcycle experience and requested an automatic. There were 6 stops at the church, lighthouse, beach the cantina and 2 others I can't remember. Plenty of time for pictures and only 2 to 3 hours so you have the other half of the day to do what you want.

You're spending about 2/3 of your time driving - along the beach, in the hills, through downtown and on highway. At each stop the guide explained the history.

I found them easy to drive, easy to handle and glad my wife took pictures. I attached my go pro to the front.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app