Questions about Eagle Beach in Aruba

Sun 4-ever

Does anyone know if you have to pay to get onto Eagle Beach? Is there a charge for chairs and palapas?

The beach is public and free.

You must pay to rent loungers.

Not that you asked but the public bus is only $2.30 per person each way. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

We'll be in Aruba from 2pm-11:30pm on July 31. What we would like to do is head to a beach for the afternoon, find somewhere to change, then have a sunset dinner at Barefoot or Passions or wherever. We want to avoid having to go back to the cruise ship in between afternon & sunset.

How do we get back to the cruise ship after our dinner? Is there anywhere to change (no major do-over just your basic swimsuit to dress)? and then where's the best spot to hang out at Eagle Beach before we head to the restaurant? Finally, I'm assuming these restaurants are close to Eagle beach...am I right?

Appreciate all replies!!:)

Passions is on the beach at Amsterdam Manor. Barefoot is downtown, past the cruise terminal. If you hang out at Amsterdam Manor all afternoon, they have a nice port-o-potty set up on the beach (you'd have to see it to believe it -I know the words nice and port-o-potty don't usually go together.) They also have a bathroom at the resort across the street. If you hang out at MVC, they have a bathroom across the street. The other resorts don't allow anyone but their paying guests to use their facilities. At both of these resorts, you will need to rent chairs and shade if you want it.

• 2 weeks later...

We would like to have a sunset dinner on the beach. However, our ship leaves at 8 pm. If we choose Passions, will we have enough time to get back to the ship? Or perhaps is Barefoot a better option for us? Are there any more restaurants on the beach near the port? Any input would be much appreciated.

If you have a 5:30 pm reservation at Passions you will be able to get back to the ship. Just make sure you make the note under "remarks" http://www.passions-restaurant-aruba.com/ with your reservation and remind your server that you half two hours. As an added suggestion I would ask your server to call you a taxi RIGHT BEFORE they present your bill. They usually present the bill and then call the taxi. Enjoy!

Edited by Arubalisa

Thanks Arubalisa for your response. I checked out the website for Passions and I cannot get a reservation until 6:00 pm. Maybe that will cut it alittle close in our time restriction. Would Barefoot Restaurant be a good second choice? Or do you know of other restaurants close to the port that have dining on the beach?

We don't think of Barefoot for "beach dining" in that it is right next to Nikky Beach Club and there is a lot of activity usually going on so not as tranquil as you would be at Passions. We choose to eat indoors there to avoid the distractions.

I think an hour and a half will still give you time for a nice dinner at Passions. You can arrive early and have a cocktail at the bar while you are waiting to be seated to watch the sunset.

Thank you Arubalisa. Someone suggested to me Panchos ....have you been there? I understand that is also on the beach and close to port. Your other suggest with regards to Passions is wonderful but was thinking of other options as well. Really scared that we will miss the ship when she leaves at 8 pm.

I have eaten at Barefoot and Pinchos several times. They are close to each other, and not far from where the cruise ships dock. We absolutely love the views from both. They are both restaurants that we plan to go back to on our next visit in Feb. We think the food at Pinchos is good, but Barefoot is our favorite restaurant in Aruba. We prefer it over Passions, but this is just a matter of personal preference. We sit on the beach, and the music from Nikki Beach has never been a distraction. There are boats docked in the water, and usually people wading in the water, but we have also had people wading in the water in front of us at Passions. Pinchos is a pier restaurant, and the sunsets there are gorgeous. Either of them would be a good choice.

• 5 weeks later...
The beach is public and free.

You must pay to rent loungers.

Not that you asked but the public bus is only $2.30 per person each way. :D

Take correct change!

They accept American money?

Is that $2.30 USD + $4.30AWG? Or $2.30AWG - $1.29 usd? :confused:

Where can you rent loungers on the beach?

The USDollar is WIDELY accepted in Aruba, including the public bus. $2.30 USD per person round trip.

There are a few random vendors on Eagle beach renting chaise lounges. There is a reference here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1696479 to the Paradise Beach Villas and I believe there is also a vendor at La Cabana who offers chaise rentals.

Reading through the threads in this category of the forum you will find the majority of people returning from Eagle Beach prefer the Amsterdam Manor for chaise rentals. The AM offers food and a bar, as well as restroom directly on the beach

If you require shade palapas in addition to the chaise lounges, head to MVC Eagle Beach.

• 4 years later...
Hi there

We'll be in Aruba from 2pm-11:30pm on July 31. What we would like to do is head to a beach for the afternoon, find somewhere to change, then have a sunset dinner at Barefoot or Passions or wherever. We want to avoid having to go back to the cruise ship in between afternon & sunset.

How do we get back to the cruise ship after our dinner? Is there anywhere to change (no major do-over just your basic swimsuit to dress)? and then where's the best spot to hang out at Eagle Beach before we head to the restaurant? Finally, I'm assuming these restaurants are close to Eagle beach...am I right?

Appreciate all replies!!:)

Did you ever find a place to change before dinner? We have plans to do Trikes Aruba and would not have time to go back to the ship, but I'd like to be able to change clothes before dinner.