Tropical Storm Fay

ComeOnLetsGo

TS Fay is now Hurricane Fay...

Can you imagine the damage she could have inflicted to the Island if she had the force she has now....:eek::(

Wow!! If that had happened, I'm not so sure we'd be going to Bermuda in a couple of weeks Sebas!

8000 residents still without power this morning.

And it's official, the bus service is suspended for the day and the ferry service is running on all route ( expect slight delay ).

Major road work is underway all around the island.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Today the weather has improved and I bet all the cruise passengers are out and about enjoying as much of Bermuda as they can. It is a bit cool but not enough to stop people from visiting the beaches, etc. I took a bit of pics yesterday too.

The clean up continues and most people have returned to work. You can move around the island now so that is good. The transport system is limited however but that is understandable and most schools are closed to the students for the day.

I'm pretty sure no cruise ship passengers were going to the beach this morning since service on the #7 bus line didn't resume until noon, and when I checked the Port Bermuda webcam this morning there was not one taxi at the taxi stand and two or three mini buses at most. There's not a taxi or mini bus in sight right now.

The ferries to Hamilton and St. George's must be jammed.

Edited by njhorseman

I'm pretty sure no cruise ship passengers were going to the beach this morning since service on the #7 bus line didn't resume until noon, and when I checked the Port Bermuda webcam this morning there was not one taxi at the taxi stand and two or three mini buses at most. There's not a taxi or mini bus in sight right now.

The ferries to Hamilton and St. George's must be jammed.

Yes, I witnessed the lack of taxi's also this morning...

Last night the government said " this is not a time for tourist to do sightseeing"... maybe that's why there was no taxi...

Yes, I witnessed the lack of taxi's also this morning...

Last night the government said " this is not a time for tourist to do sightseeing"... maybe that's why there was no taxi...

Did you see that the trailer that sits between Heritage Wharf and Kings Wharf where transportation ticket books used to be sold (and I think where they now sell the beach shuttle tickets) was knocked over and is lying on its side?