Tropical Storm Fay

ComeOnLetsGo

This tropical storm is no joke. Its closest point was at 3:00am (this morning) and it is still bad out there. A load of wind and rain and this is deff something no one should be out in.

I wonder how the Norwegian Dawn and Granduer of the Seas are doing as they're both scheduled to arrive today.

This from the Royal Gazette :

"The full fury of Tropical Storm Fay was unleashed on Bermuda in the early hours of the morning with wind gusts of up to 82 miles per hour. Trees are down throughout the Island, bus services have been suspended and Belco reports 18,000 customers are currently without power. The Bermuda Weather Service reported at 8 am: "The back of the eye of Fay brought the strongest winds to the Island which were enhanced by thunderstorms. Conditions will soon begin to improve. Tropical Storm conditions are likely for a few hours on the back side of the storm, with easing winds by late-morning, as Fay moves slowly away. Conditions then continue to improve well into the week ahead, as high pressure builds."

...no....no joke :(

Yes :(

We can see a part of a roof, or something like that, that was torn and landed on the pathway infront of the Commisionner's house... The parc benches fell, high winds...not looking good!!!

Looks like both ships will be very late today in Bermuda... :(

The NCL Dawn appears to be going in a circle just North of Bermuda - not the trip they hope for I'm sure.

It' now been 31 minutes since the last AIS position from the Dawn !?!

Maybe she is just out of range from the Island ?!?

What time were the ships due in?

Last night I was looking at the port cam and water was spraying and sloshing completely over the one walkway. Just now the camera zoomed in on the little building where they sell transportation passes and it's tipped over on its side. Also, damage to the roof of the building at King's Wharf.

Hope everyone is safe and sound.

Wow.

I also read that 90% of the island has no power. Streets in Hamilton are flooded.

Safe travels to everyone in Bermuda and on the ships trying to get there.

P.S. Also just read that the Catamaran we were on in July, the Rising Son, is on a street somewhere. Terrible news.

Good luck to Steve and his crew!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

What time were the ships due in?

Last night I was looking at the port cam and water was spraying and sloshing completely over the one walkway. Just now the camera zoomed in on the little building where they sell transportation passes and it's tipped over on its side. Also, damage to the roof of the building at King's Wharf.

Hope everyone is safe and sound.

It was 11 o'clock for the Dawn...

It will be probably an other 90 minutes before she docks ( just an estimate from her position on the AIS )

I just got electricity back and it has been a crazy day. Power lines down, trees up rooted, debris everywhere and even some homes and buildings had structural damage. I can surly tell you most people did not expect it to be this bad. For those cruisers it had to be rough out there.

Both ships are in line for the channel...

It's strange that Grandeur is now getting in first, in front of the Dawn, since the Dawn was scheduled to dock much earlier than the Grandeur...

The pilot boat is meeting with the Grandeur...

And the worst thing is that TS Gonzalo is now in the Caribbean, heading North and should be a hurricane Tuesday morning....and is heading North towards Bermuda :eek:

Grandeur was schedule to dock 4 hours after the Dawn...and now she is docking before the Dawn...maybe a medical emergency ?

Hope all are safe...

But what are those pax going to do in Bermuda :( , the Island was beaten by this TS...

Sad for all residents and those pax on the ships :(

Edited by sebas030

Happily both ships are now in port. I'm sure that the passengers are relieved that they won't be bouncing around tonight.

You could hear pax of the Dawn cheering as they pulled into port. Even though the island is poorly damaged, I'm sure they are happy to have arrived.