Norwegian Sky On-Board Account????

Fishin-Fool

My wife and I are taking our 16 year old kids on their first cruise 3-29-13. Norwegian states that $100/day per person is required for the account. There is no way my kids are going to spend $100 a day. Can I reduce that amount at check-in or am I stuck putting $1200 bucks into the account? Thanks everyone, I really enjoy this site.

I believe that is the amount required if you were to put down CASH only onto your account. If you use your credit card to pay for your account you will not have this. Even if you use your credit card, you have the option to pay off your on-board account with cash at the end.

Make sure that you SET A LIMIT on their key cards or they will have charging priviledges tied to YOUR CREDIT CARD,

Arcade games will only accept the key card as payment so to avoid any unpleasant surprises at the end of the cruise you can set a limit to the cards for them.

Do this at the purser's desk after you board. Have a great time!

Ditto the above, especially setting the limit. I just suspended the charging privileges for my children and if they wanted to spend any of their allowance at the gift shop I would get it for them. They all had the soda sticker and there really isn't anything else onboard they need to spend money on (I discouraged the arcade, they do that the other 361 days of the year:eek:).

Archived