Evaluating a beverage package? Here is a beverage list with prices, as of mid-2010.

jg51

I'm not clear whether non-alcoholic beers are part of the premium package. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello, "VaLin."

You referred to "the premium package." That is Celebrity's name for the top-of-the-line alcoholic package.

If you meant that one, then definitely non-alcoholic beers are included.

But if you meant the "Premium Non-Alcoholic Package," you've entered into a "gray area," because the Celebrity site is unclear about this specific item. Here's what it says:

Enjoy nearly our entire selection of Non-Alcoholic beverages on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water.

Notice that non-alcoholic beers are not specifically mentioned, and there is that nagging (unexplained) phrase, "nearly our entire selection." Based on the prices of the non-alcoholic beers ($5 and $6), they should be included, since some of the other surely-included beverages cost the same.

Good luck.

Thanks very much for the info on the drinks prices - we're first time cruisers booked on the Eclipse on 4th September to celebrate my wife's 50th, and our silver anniversary in October, and quite honestly I'm baffled by the whole thing.

So far the information with the drinks packages hasn't really been that helpful, but at least knowing what each drink costs helps in deciding if the package is worthwhile or not.

I'm happy with a few beers, and my wife usually enjoys a " dry martini and lemonade", but I can't seem to find this on the list - have I missed it somewhere?

Thanks once again

Did you receive your answer? What was it?

Thanks for all of your work jg51 it's very helpful. I keep wavering back and forth between should I or shouldn't I buy a package? I'm leaning towards I should just for the ease of it all. :)

When I go to the Celebrity site and look at the beverage packages they are listed in Canadian dollars. I was considering the Premium Non-Alcoholic package which is listed "from 16.48 CAD". I am curious what the listed price is in American dollars - not the conversion, the price that shows up on the computer of someone in the U.S.

I think a poster from Canada said she was going to wait until she boarded the ship before she bought a package because Celebrity had a poorer exchange rate, but would it be any different if I purchased the package ahead of time or on the ship?

Thanks for any help/answers.

You're welcome, "poppypuppy" and "sue58."

... When I go to the Celebrity site and look at the beverage packages they are listed in Canadian dollars. I was considering the Premium Non-Alcoholic package which is listed "from 16.48 CAD". I am curious what the listed price is in American dollars - not the conversion, the price that shows up on the computer of someone in the U.S. ...

As of a few minutes ago, Sue, the Premium Non-Alcoholic Package was being sold at the "X" site for US$16 base price plus US$2.40 service charge = US$18.40 per day (US$128.80 per week).

With regard to your question about buying in advance or on board:

1. Assuming that Celebrity does not change the price between now and your embarkation day, and ...

2. Assuming there is no special tax (e.g., Spanish VAT) added if you purchase on board, then ...

The price will be the same, in advance or on board (US$, as mentioned above).

Have fun!

Beverage package evaluator Updated version 1.4

online version in Google https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AtQ-heWqtag3dDB3dlRCdkk5MFJ6RFYycUM4T2Vocnc&hl=en

Still working on adding the rest of the drinks, but this works.

Very impressive!

Can I print it out so I can evaluate each drink on board? :D

Many thanks to JG51 and all the others who have contributed to this thread. My lovely bride and I have taken the plunge and ordered our "booze cards" for our next trip.

Oh, and by the way, I agree with all the folks who took the stance that "cheating" with one of these cards to order drinks for someone else is theft. Plain and simple.

Has anyone who was having trouble using the spreadsheet, been able to get it to work? Like a previous poster says "I can't even enter the number of days of the trip"...if anyone has a hint on working with this spreadsheet, maybe you could pass it along to the rest of us.:confused:

Has anyone who was having trouble using the spreadsheet, been able to get it to work? Like a previous poster says "I can't even enter the number of days of the trip"...if anyone has a hint on working with this spreadsheet, maybe you could pass it along to the rest of us.:confused:

I was finally able to access the spreadsheet on Google Docs, but I can see down at the bottom it is locked. I understand the OP doesn't want anyone to make changes to the formatting, but since it is locked we can't enter anything either. Not sure what the solution is.

And it was slightly embarrassing! :o

It said my beverage bill would be $981.00 for my 10 day cruise. :eek:

Hmmm.... beverage card, here I come!

Thanks for the work that went into this tool. It took me a couple tries, but it did work.

I was able to access the spreadsheet by opening it, then downloading it as an Excel spreadsheet on my computer. What a great calculator!

Hope this helps!

Carole

Thanks Twojacks (Carole)...I downloaded the google version, saved it to my desktop, and it works just fine...for me, the cost would be right on the edge, so I'll definitely get the premium alcohol package...even if it's a little more than I'd normally spend, like most everyone else, it's worth it for the convenience!

As a lot of people mentioned before, when you add in the water, coffees and teas, soda, etc., you'd be surprised how much you can spend easily (and not feel like a lush :o)

Just so you know, lol --- a lot of my beverages were of the non-alcoholic variety, LOL. :o

Cocoas, coffees, lattes, sparkling waters, water for shore excursions, etc... That's about 7 beverages a day right there!

And then add in just a wee tiny drop or two of "adult beverages." :rolleyes:

Oh heck, as long as you remember the cruise, you haven't over-indulged, right?? :D

You can download it to your computer, doing save as Excel. Of course you have to have Excel on your computer for it to work. Also, note that it DOES NOT lock or protect the cells when you do this.

Currently I have unlocked it on Google docs. Please try not to change cells that don't need to be changed. :)

Clay