JVD departure time question

purpletequila

Do we get more time on JVD if we take the 7:15 option or do they just leave the island earlier than those who arrive from the 9:15 trip? I am on the 9:15 one but if I can get another couple of hours for the same price, I want to change.

Any info would be great.

Thanks!

In March of this year both of the trips were full. The same boat goes back and forth so there was no room on the later one when we went. It can't hurt to ask the captain though when you go.

Thanks for answering. I figured as much and a lot of people choose an earlier excursion to have a little time to walk around after so the 7:15'ers probably are picked up around 12 or whatever.

Thanks for answering. I figured as much and a lot of people choose an earlier excursion to have a little time to walk around after so the 7:15'ers probably are picked up around 12 or whatever.

I think you actually get back to port around 12:15. So yes there is time to check port area out.

It's listed as a 5 hr excursion start to finish. But like your thinking about a couple extra hours, just not sure that's possible.

They drop the early folks off at the beach, head back to Tortola to pick up the 9:15 group. The 7:15 group heads back to Tortola around noon, then they come back to JVD to pick up the 9:15 group. Each group gets roughly the same amount of time. The early group gets the beach to themselves for a few hours plus has time to shop in Road Town. The late group gets to sleep in, take their time in the morning, and then are probably the last to board the ship before she sets sail.

• 1 month later...

The advantage of being on the 9:15 trip, is that all of the places will be open at White Bay... On the earlier excursion, only the Soggy Dollar is open...

Do we get more time on JVD if we take the 7:15 option or do they just leave the island earlier than those who arrive from the 9:15 trip? I am on the 9:15 one but if I can get another couple of hours for the same price, I want to change.

Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Just returned from our Oct.1st cruise on NCL escape.

We did the 9:15 excursion to JVD and we were back at the port at 2:00

Claudia ( Rebel Yell Captain) was very informative. It was well worth the price!

• 3 months later...
For those concerned about getting off the Rebel Yell, they will assist you down the steps into the water.

We were able to get very close to beach, water was only knee deep that day.

Is there a chance that the water would be so deep that I'd literally have to swim to the shore, as opposed to wading in? I'd like to be able to carry my things with me, and I need to keep my hearing aids dry. Any advice?

Is there a chance that the water would be so deep that I'd literally have to swim to the shore, as opposed to wading in? I'd like to be able to carry my things with me, and I need to keep my hearing aids dry. Any advice?

Highly unlikely the Rebel Yell would have to anchor that far off shore. Waist deep at worst, but more than likely knee deep or less.