Wrigley80's Carnival Pride Photo Review with my Dad.....and my Mom too

wrigley80

Another big plus to sitting up on the top deck of the tender boat was that I was one of the first ones off the tender and back onto the ship. The tender boats were coming back right below our cabin windows. I returned to the cabin to get my shower and get cleaned up. I was done with my shower before my mom and dad were even back yet. That's why it pays to sit up top

As I was getting dressed I looked out our window and this is what I saw

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014373_zps31e5a2f0.jpg

Hopefully no one saw me getting dressed :eek: :p

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014375_zpse8d71b70.jpg

This tender is headed back ashore to pick up more guests

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014379_zps3813c949.jpg

Here comes the next tender

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014374_zps6e489870.jpg

Remember what I said about my love for different flags

When I was waiting for my mom and dad to get cleaned up I was looking out the window and I saw this

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014380_zpsb287738d.jpg

A Water Spout....I had always heard about people seeing these at sea but never saw one myself until now

CruiseontheCarnivalPride-July272014382_zps39d0ecb8.jpg

It was very cool to see

So after everyone was showered and cleaned up we decided that it was time for.....Yep you guessed it....TRIVIA

CarnivalPride-July272014280_zps214438c3.jpg

Me and Char. Char was an entertainment host....she did a lot of the trivia's

CarnivalPride-July272014281_zps3c1400f8.jpg

The Perfect Game Sports Bar

Ah, Half Moon Cay... in my 7 Carnival cruises I have only been there once. :( Your photos are beautiful and I just love the colour of the water there (and in Grand Turk, too). Fortunately we got our fix in GT in July on Freedom. Fantasy was also there, so the pool was a little busier than it was for you. Lucky you. :p :D

Heather

Thank You. I just love that place...and the funny thing is I'm not really much of a beach person :p but it is impossible not to enjoy your time there.

I couldn't imagine Grand Turk with two ships in port :eek: I bet it was crazy. We really lucked out on this trip....we never saw another cruise ship the whole week

I could never pick just one, however you're right that the straight on shot is always a cool one. :D I always try to get one of those too when I'm on a tender.

Heather

Yeah they are pretty good pictures....I am proud of myself and my mom for getting such good ones :)

After sports trivia we headed down to the atrium to get a drink before dinner

CarnivalPride-July272014282_zps5be2e65a.jpg

We decided after trivia that it was time for dinner. We were starving tonight....my hot dog in Half Moon Cay had worn off a long time ago :p

CarnivalPride-July272014284_zpsa2604dff.jpg

My mom ordered the tomato with mozzarella thingy....she said it was VERY good

CarnivalPride-July272014285_zps60629166.jpg

I ordered the Beef Brisket...it was good

CarnivalPride-July272014286_zpsd6cbfbdd.jpg

And I ordered the Shrimp and Fries....I only wanted the shrimp

CarnivalPride-July272014287_zps8ed7b426.jpg

One of my favorite desserts in the MDR.......the chocolate Raspberry sorbet cake....it is delicious

Believe it or not, I actually know this. It's a Sea Grape plant. :)

Really??? Are they edible???

Edible? I had to look that up, but yes, apparently so. They can be eaten raw, made into jam and even wine. When they're ripe the berries are red.

Favorite picture? Liked them all but I like the head on views too. I tried really hard to get one of Liberty like that this past April on the tender to Belize, but mine was off center.

After dinner we made our way up to the Photo Gallery to check out our pictures from Half Moon Cay....they all looked bad :p

As we were there looking at photos I looked out the window and noticed a beautiful sunset so I looked for the closest exit door to get outside

CarnivalPride-July272014288_zpsd3e6a314.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014290_zps0bad6e4f.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014291_zps569293ef.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014292_zpsbc5a30ce.jpg

I love this picture of my Dad

CarnivalPride-July272014294_zpsf2114ec0.jpg

So pretty.....love Caribbean sunsets

Really??? Are they edible???

Edible? I had to look that up, but yes, apparently so. They can be eaten raw, made into jam and even wine. When they're ripe the berries are red.

Favorite picture? Liked them all but I like the head on views too. I tried really hard to get one of Liberty like that this past April on the tender to Belize, but mine was off center.

Well that's good to know not that I was going to try one. My mom thought they were some type berry. Thank You. I will let her know tonight :) Cause we were both stumped as to what they might be

CarnivalPride-July272014298_zps73374981.jpg

Nice sitting area right across from the Ivory Piano Bar

CarnivalPride-July272014299_zpsfaa36976.jpg

The Taj Mahal Show Lounge. Tonight's show was the Love and Marriage game. This is my favorite show of the week....it is always so funny

CarnivalPride-July272014301_zps19b1163d.jpg

I loved those pretty blue lights

CarnivalPride-July272014302_zps27a6cf0e.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014303_zps69e12ed6.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014304_zps4e8e6cf0.jpg

I want one or two of these blue lights in my dining room

Before the Love and Marriage game started....they had a game of BINGO

CarnivalPride-July272014305_zps17409ad8.jpg

After the show we headed up to Lido to get an ice cream cone before we decided to head back to the cabin. When we got back to the cabin this little guy was waiting for us :) :p

CarnivalPride-July272014306_zps79568051.jpg

Loving your pictures. Have a question about hmc - is there every any other cruise lines in port with you guys? And how hard is it to book. A Cabana ? Do you have to rent it months ahead of time? Looks like an awesome place!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

HMC looks beautiful! I had crossed a couple itineraries off the list when we were picking which cruise to take just because they went there and I remembered hating the day on the private island for another cruise line (we go out of Tampa, HMC won't be on the list then). Your pictures have convinced me that I shouldn't ignore those cruises in the future, it looks like a really pretty beach day.

And I know I've said how much I love your ship photos before, but I'm saying it again. The more I see of the ship-and your review has had some of the best ship photos I've seen-the more I love it. We booked our cruise because of the itinerary and based on knowing it would be fresh out of drydock when we went, and then read all the complaints about the "dark" decor afterwards. I think it looks perfect, I'm OK with the less flashy Carnival that goes along with the "fine art" theme (and I definitely see where some people thought Haunted Mansion about the decor-and that is more than OK with me, we are at Disney at least once a month and ALWAYS ride Haunted Mansion, lol)

After dinner we made our way up to the Photo Gallery to check out our pictures from Half Moon Cay....they all looked bad :p

As we were there looking at photos I looked out the window and noticed a beautiful sunset so I looked for the closest exit door to get outside

CarnivalPride-July272014288_zpsd3e6a314.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014290_zps0bad6e4f.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014291_zps569293ef.jpg

CarnivalPride-July272014292_zpsbc5a30ce.jpg

I love this picture of my Dad

CarnivalPride-July272014294_zpsf2114ec0.jpg

So pretty.....love Caribbean sunsets

I was on my balcony and I took the same picture. I had a great cruise and was glad to meet you and you family, esp the dinner first night. Dave G

Really you don't stop at Grand Turk on your itinerary next year. Where do you go in it's place?? And yes I wish stops in Grand Turk were much longer. Just like Key West....the ships leave way too early from there too.

Nope. Our itinerary stops at Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Freeport and then back to Baltimore.

Now, here's something interesting that happens only on this cruise. We did the Chef's table on our last cruise on the Pride and got a tour of the kitchen with an insight on their supply orders. What happens is they take on food in Port Canaveral, not Baltimore. So when they do this itinerary for a stretch, the supply order is done to reflect the last 1/2 of the previous cruise, and the first 1/2 of the next cruise. I'm not sure what happens when they switch off to your itinerary of Freeport, HMC and Grand Turks.

Yes, we will do Chef's table again. It was amazing.

Loving your pictures. Have a question about hmc - is there every any other cruise lines in port with you guys? And how hard is it to book. A Cabana ? Do you have to rent it months ahead of time? Looks like an awesome place!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank You. There will only ever be one ship in Half Moon Cay each day because they can only handle one ship per day.

We have never rented a cabana (we have been to Half Moon Cay 3 times). I personally don't see the need for a cabana. Once you get in the water you won't want to leave. You are provided snacks and drinks in your cabana plus have a freshwater shower.

To answer your question though.....yes you need to book cabanas far in advance because they do sell out quickly.

HMC looks beautiful! I had crossed a couple itineraries off the list when we were picking which cruise to take just because they went there and I remembered hating the day on the private island for another cruise line (we go out of Tampa, HMC won't be on the list then). Your pictures have convinced me that I shouldn't ignore those cruises in the future, it looks like a really pretty beach day.

And I know I've said how much I love your ship photos before, but I'm saying it again. The more I see of the ship-and your review has had some of the best ship photos I've seen-the more I love it. We booked our cruise because of the itinerary and based on knowing it would be fresh out of drydock when we went, and then read all the complaints about the "dark" decor afterwards. I think it looks perfect, I'm OK with the less flashy Carnival that goes along with the "fine art" theme (and I definitely see where some people thought Haunted Mansion about the decor-and that is more than OK with me, we are at Disney at least once a month and ALWAYS ride Haunted Mansion, lol)

Oh yes don't ignore Half Moon Cay. It's one of those places that everyone has to see and experience. It's just absolutely beautiful. My dad and I aren't really beach people but there is just something about this place that makes you fall in love.

I'm so pleased that you are enjoying my review. Seeing photos really help to see how things will be onboard. Pictures tell a thousand words.....at least that's what my Grandma always used to say....haha. I don't pay much attention to the decor onboard. I'm just there to cruise....haha. I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of my review

Brianna - HMC is my own slice of heaven. This time I brought a piece home with me. When I'm having a bad day at work I hold on to that little piece of ? Sand? and tell myself I'll be back again soon...

That looks like a rock...haha. It's so funny you do that....I brought sand home from Half Moon Cay 3 years ago....it's on my desk.

I was on my balcony and I took the same picture. I had a great cruise and was glad to meet you and you family, esp the dinner first night. Dave G

Yeah we had a great cruise as well. We had never cruised during the summer months before it was a great change of pace during the summer.

And it was great to meet you as well. Are you ready to cruise again??? Hehe