Hong Kong to Singapore Nov 13th 2017 Sapphire Princess HELP!

DONNAKG

Hello all- I have just booked this cruise and would like to know if anyone

can tell me if a visa is needed?:confused:

I have looked on line and asked TA and Princess TA.

Ultimately , it is our responsibility to get it right.

ports-- Hong Kong?

Vietnam- yes -- on board ship provides visa $56pp

Bangkok-?

Singapore-?

also if anyone has done this itinerary your info would be very appreciated!

thanks-

Donnakg

ports-- Hong Kong?

Bangkok-?

Singapore-?

thanks-

Donnakg

It would be easier to answer your question if you told us what country you are a citizen of. As you know there are different requirements for different countries.

That's why you shouldn't seek visa advice from people on cruise boards. You should get the information from the Immigration Departments of the countries involved.

SORRY-- THANKS YOU FOR ALL YOUR INFO!! We have US passports and we are visa- free for 90 days. I actually did email the proper authorities and they sent me the requirements I needed. I do have another question??? Does anyone know where it is located /or what the port is called in Hong Kong that the Sapphire Princess will dock? How far is it from the airport and are taxis available at both locations? just trying to get a lay of the land... thanks

Donnakg

SORRY-- THANKS YOU FOR ALL YOUR INFO!! We have US passports and we are visa- free for 90 days. I actually did email the proper authorities and they sent me the requirements I needed. I do have another question??? Does anyone know where it is located /or what the port is called in Hong Kong that the Sapphire Princess will dock? How far is it from the airport and are taxis available at both locations? just trying to get a lay of the land... thanks

Donnakg

There are two main cruise terminals in Hong Kong. Both are on the Kowloon side of the harbour.

The smaller terminal is the Ocean Terminal which is right in the heart of Kowloon but it mainly caters to smaller ships.

The other terminal is at Kai Tak which is the old airport. It's quite a bit further from the 'centre' of Kowloon. I would suspect that due to the size of Sapphire Princess she will dock at Kai Tak.

Whichever terminal she docks at there will be taxis available although at the Ocean Terminal there is a bit of a wait due to lack of space.

Taxis are plentiful at the airport (at least they have been when we have arrived).

It took us about 40 minutes to get to the airport from Kowloon a few weeks ago but this was on a Sunday with light traffic. I'm not sure what it might be like in peak hour traffic. We have only flown in at night and the taxi ride to Kowloon was about 30-40 Minutes.

Taxis are cheap and plentiful in Hong Kong but be aware they don't take credit cards and you need to pay in Hong Kong dollars.

Have a great trip!

Donnakg

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=70

There are two main cruise terminals in Hong Kong. Both are on the Kowloon side of the harbour.

The smaller terminal is the Ocean Terminal which is right in the heart of Kowloon but it mainly caters to smaller ships.

The other terminal is at Kai Tak which is the old airport. It's quite a bit further from the 'centre' of Kowloon. I would suspect that due to the size of Sapphire Princess she will dock at Kai Tak.

Whichever terminal she docks at there will be taxis available although at the Ocean Terminal there is a bit of a wait due to lack of space.

Taxis are plentiful at the airport (at least they have been when we have arrived).

It took us about 40 minutes to get to the airport from Kowloon a few weeks ago but this was on a Sunday with light traffic. I'm not sure what it might be like in peak hour traffic. We have only flown in at night and the taxi ride to Kowloon was about 30-40 Minutes.

Taxis are cheap and plentiful in Hong Kong but be aware they don't take credit cards and you need to pay in Hong Kong dollars.

Have a great trip!

Thanks so much!!!!

Donnakg

• 4 weeks later...

ports-- Hong Kong?

Bangkok-?

Singapore-?

thanks-

Donnakg

Hong Kong - NO

Singapore - NO

Bangkok - NO

Vietnam - only if you plan an overnight stay there, otherwise the cruise line provides a day pass (typically with most cruiselines)

• 4 weeks later...

hello again-

After speaking with Princess about a DOB mistake on our personal info, she urged me to call visacentral.com 866-788-1100 to make sure about visa requiements any where in the world.( She was also very rude).

So from this cruise-- Thailand- NO Singapore-NO Hong Kong-NO Vietnam- yes-- Ship does it for $56pp.

Thanks again for all your help!!

Our flight arrives 8:05 am into HKG ... ship starts boarding 1PM.

Has anyone stored their luggage before boarding ? where?

There are hotels around ,, not sure if they would do that if we are not getting a room..

any thoughts --

thank you!

Donnakg

hello again-

After speaking with Princess about a DOB mistake on our personal info, she urged me to call visacentral.com 866-788-1100 to make sure about visa requiements any where in the world.( She was also very rude).

So from this cruise-- Thailand- NO Singapore-NO Hong Kong-NO Vietnam- yes-- Ship does it for $56pp.

Thanks again for all your help!!

Our flight arrives 8:05 am into HKG ... ship starts boarding 1PM.

Has anyone stored their luggage before boarding ? where?

There are hotels around ,, not sure if they would do that if we are not getting a room..

any thoughts --

thank you!

Donnakg

Hello Donnakg, I have been to Hong Kong many times. If your flight arrives at 8:05 AM then the airport will be crowded. It will be a while before you can get though Immigration and then collect your bags. There is no Customs to speak of so you breeze through that. I have been on the Sapphire Princess sailing into Hong Kong and I can tell you the ship will dock at the new Kai Tak Cruise Terminal. This is on the east side of Kowloon and this used to be the old airport for Hong Kong. My suggestion will be to take a City Bus to the Kowloon Bay MTR station and from there take a taxi to the cruise terminal. Very cheap and efficient. The bus ride will be about 45-50 minutes and the taxi ride will be about 15-20 minutes. By the time you have cleared everything at the airport and get to the terminal, it will be close to noon. You can probably check in and board the ship. Here is a website you can check out for taking the bus. http://mobile.nwstbus.com.hk/nwp3/?f=0&l=1. Don't forget to be on deck when you sail out of Hong Kong and have a great cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

hello all--

Just a few more questions??

Could anyone tell me what the best places are to change USD

to Thailand Baht-- are there money exchangers readily avavilabe as soon as you arrive

in port of Bankok?

Vietnam I understand they widely accept USD in small bills?

but not sure about credit cards??

Are changers also available in Halong bay ... our first port??

Singapore dollar - changers are everywhere?

Hong Kong ??

Any thoughts as to if this infomation is correct?

THANK YOU !

Donnakg

Hello Donnakg, I have been to Hong Kong many times. If your flight arrives at 8:05 AM then the airport will be crowded. It will be a while before you can get though Immigration and then collect your bags. There is no Customs to speak of so you breeze through that. I have been on the Sapphire Princess sailing into Hong Kong and I can tell you the ship will dock at the new Kai Tak Cruise Terminal. This is on the east side of Kowloon and this used to be the old airport for Hong Kong. My suggestion will be to take a City Bus to the Kowloon Bay MTR station and from there take a taxi to the cruise terminal. Very cheap and efficient. The bus ride will be about 45-50 minutes and the taxi ride will be about 15-20 minutes. By the time you have cleared everything at the airport and get to the terminal, it will be close to noon. You can probably check in and board the ship. Here is a website you can check out for taking the bus. http://mobile.nwstbus.com.hk/nwp3/?f=0&l=1. Don't forget to be on deck when you sail out of Hong Kong and have a great cruise.

TONY---- thank you ,, that is great info! Are there taxis at the airport to hire straight to cruise terminal?

thanks again

Donnakg

TONY---- thank you ,, that is great info! Are there taxis at the airport to hire straight to cruise terminal?

thanks again

Donnakg

Yes, but they are much more expensive because it take close to an hour on meter and you have paid all the tolls on the way. There is also a train to the MTR station in Kowloon then you take taxi to cruise terminal.

Good news. Vietnam has started a new eVisa service online. You can upload info and get approval in 3 business days and only costs $25. Since it's only valid for 30 days, you need to wait to apply and only good for 1 entry (good for stop consecutive stop in Vietnam ports). Here is link to the official website:

https://www.immigration.gov.vn/

thanks again

Donnakg

Hi Donnakg, just go out to the transportation center at the airport and you will see all the taxis and buses going everywhere. The train is convenient but it goes to the Kowloon station (TsimShaTsui) which is quite a ways from the cruise terminal. The cruise terminal is almost at the eastern end of the peninsula. By the time you get on the train and end up at TST and then take a taxi to Kaitak (the cruise terminal) the cost of the taxi and train will be the same if not more. Taxi from airport to the cruise terminal should cost approx. HKD$250.00 Don't quote me. lol. But this would include the tolls. which is minimal as you do not have to cross the harbor. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise. We are sailing on the Coral on Nov. 21 across the Panama Canal. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Anyone have knowledge on how to get from the

Laem Chabang cruise port and back ?

We have seen the main attractions of Bangkok and Chang mai

and would like to do it on own own this time.. or is there a night market tour you know of?

Any thoughts..?

Thanks

Donnakg

• 1 month later...

Thanks again for all your help!

How exactly does the issuing of the vietnam visa on the cruise ship work.??

Do they have mass confusion while checking your passports/ pictures,:confused: etc?

We have early tours all ready in place.

Just wondering about the time element?

thanks

Donnakg

Thanks again for all your help!

How exactly does the issuing of the vietnam visa on the cruise ship work.??

Do they have mass confusion while checking your passports/ pictures,:confused: etc?

We have early tours all ready in place.

Just wondering about the time element?

thanks

Donnakg

When we went back in 2012, the ship took your passports did their bit, handed them back. When you got off in Vietnam they just stamped your passport really quick.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

several people have mentioned the online evisa. I believe this option can only be processed at the international entry airports, not at the cruise terminals. I may be wrong, but that is my understanding. if you choose this option, check first

hello-- I have another question .... looking for ideas when we overnight in Bangkok? we spent 13 days in Thailand a few

years ago and loved it. It is a 3 hour trip into the city from the port ,, one way.

I love the night market but not sure if we want to spend 6 hrs in transit.

there is another city closer we have not been to...

any thoughts??

thanks-

Donnakg