MIRACLE - - - - Mexican Riviera Cruisers! How are the waters out there?!

v3cruiser

Mexican Riviera Cruisers! How are the waters out there?!

Getting ready to board the MIiracle this coming Saturday and was wondering how the waters are and weather? Looks like highs in the mid 70's leaving long beach. Any whales or wildlife?

Any tips on where to get the best drinks and who the best servers are on the ship and mdr are welcome! We love getting to know everyone!

Any other must sees in any of the port stops? Please share!

Looking forward to getting back on a Spirit class ship!! Cheers!!

We've always seen lots of wildlife sailing into Cabo. Unfortunately, most of the whales are already migrating to Alaska.

The Mexican Riviera board has lots of port info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know what you would prefer in terms of "best" drinks.

I really like the Alchemy Bar and the snacks they provide when you get drinks there! They give you a plate with olives, cheeses cubes and snack crackers.

I also love Eddie in the Red Frog Pub. He is helpful for tasting rum and making drinks with it. The atmosphere there with live music is lots of fun!

As for Weather.. from past experience this time of year (I didn't check the weather) the first day tends to be chilly, the rest of the days pretty warm and nice, and then the last sea day(s) {1 or 2, depending on port order} it gets progressively colder and they seem to close parts of decks.

If you have Your Time Dining and enjoy finishing dinner quickly (while having great service), see if you can sit with John's team if he's still there. (It was less than a month ago that I was on the ship.)

We usually like to eat dinner early (~6-ish), finish in time to see the 1st Playlist show, slip back to our room to change or listen to some live music, and then go see the late night comedy. That's really only possible when the dining staff are able to get you out quick enough to see the first show (which is meant for late seating.)

John was able to get us our dinner quickly without making us feel rushed. He definitely earned a big tip from us (in addition to the auto grats).

Also, if you haven't done a Behind The Fun Tour, it's totally worth it on the miracle.

Our trip was not too bad in regards to rough seas...a little rougher coming home. One of my sons and I both get motion sickness, yet neither of us did!

The Alchemy Bar was amazing! Best drinks on the ship, in my opinion. For day drinks, the pool bar is always fun, though.

We never saw any sea animals, but we were not really looking.

We enjoyed our trip so much that we are going back on the Miracle this summer again. Have a wonderful trip!

We have always found that our sea days were s little rougher and chillier than other days- but nothing that kept us from enjoying the ship. Coming from Alaska, it was actually more comfortable on those days.

I second Alchemy as our favorite place. We ended up spending most of our bar tab there and enjoyed every drink and the top notch service. Can't wait for a Caribbean Manhattan on our cruise in 1 month.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mexican Riviera Cruisers! How are the waters out there?!

Getting ready to board the MIiracle this coming Saturday and was wondering how the waters are and weather? Looks like highs in the mid 70's leaving long beach. Any whales or wildlife?

Any tips on where to get the best drinks and who the best servers are on the ship and mdr are welcome! We love getting to know everyone!

Any other must sees in any of the port stops? Please share!

Looking forward to getting back on a Spirit class ship!! Cheers!!

Got back last Sat. No whales. Saw some dolphins on the sea days.

Lots of sea lions around Cabo, including in the marina. They seem to be everywhere around there. You can even feed them.

Best drinks by any of the girls in the Alchemy Bar. Vera and one other who I forget the name of. My favourite is the "Revved up Mohito Martini". Then after dinner an "Ultimate XO Martini" (not at all like a martini).

At the MDR, you just *must* request Conrad's section. Our kids adored him.

Water was reasonably flat but the Miracle still seemed to roll a bit. On the 2 sea days home we were into a 20kt wind so she was slamming into them and we could feel the ship shudder in our forward cabin. No problem to me but there were a few folks hurling their breakfast.

Oh, and I thought the sea water was plenty warm for swimming at all three port visits.

Edited by johno1234
added last para

Have done this same cruise on Princess from both San Pedro and San Diego. Both times it was a rough ride coming and going. I think the captain explained something like there is a major current there and the ship tries to make up time and you get a good ride. Each time it was called (only) slight seas. The pool was closed both coming and going with the water emptying itself from the pool like a wave-pool. As we sat in the dining room (in the back if I recall) I was faced towards the window and it was still light outside. I could see the rail and the blue sky and clouds. Next thing you knew all I could see was the sea. People walked funny from place to place. I took my meclizine each day and did not have a problem. The family was too lazy to take each day and they looked pretty green. The 2nd time we did this route, it wasn't as bad, but in the same spots was still more movement than when we got into Mexico. We also went December and January in case this makes a difference. Did this ride make us decide cruising wasn't for us? Not a chance! Just make sure to come prepared with some meds. We even bought sea bands for this last cruise and did not need them. Just a FYI, there are two sea bands in the package. You are meant to wear both on one person. Not share between two people. I can't count how many people I saw with one and saying they must not work.