Miami Hotel - Choice of Two

!!SAM!!

Both are great locations, but the Conrad will of course be a nicer hotel. There is a metromover station right near the Conrad and Regency.

Flymia,

Thank you.. One more question please. Do you know if there are restaurants and things to do within walking distance of the Conrad? I am leaning toward it because I figured it was nicer and I also found a better price for it.

Flymia,

Thank you.. One more question please. Do you know if there are restaurants and things to do within walking distance of the Conrad? I am leaning toward it because I figured it was nicer and I also found a better price for it.

Flymia is right, the Conrad is much nicer. They are actually talking about renovating the Hyatt.

There is a wonderful restaurant and bar right inside the Conrad. There are also many restaurants within walking distance in the Brickell area. Mary Brickell Village is very close by. It all depends on what kind of food you are looking for and what price range. There are lots of steakhouses around from Edge Steakhouse in Four Seasons, Capital Grill, PM Steak and Seafood, Mortans. There are lots of seafood restaurants around from River Oyster, Trulucks, Bazaar Mar. Lots of It Italian, from Toscana Divino, Fi'lia, Perricones, etc. Burger places, gastro pubs, cuban.

May I ask where you found a good price fir the Conrad. I know "good" is a relative term. ;)

Thanks

Well I don't know if it is good. But it was better than most hotels I found. We don't travel until next year. But I found it on hotels.com and it was $189 for a king city view room. We don't spend a lot of time in the room so I did not want to pay extra for the water view. I booked it a couple of week ago. When I looked this morning it was $229.

Flymia is right, the Conrad is much nicer. They are actually talking about renovating the Hyatt.

There is a wonderful restaurant and bar right inside the Conrad. There are also many restaurants within walking distance in the Brickell area. Mary Brickell Village is very close by. It all depends on what kind of food you are looking for and what price range. There are lots of steakhouses around from Edge Steakhouse in Four Seasons, Capital Grill, PM Steak and Seafood, Mortans. There are lots of seafood restaurants around from River Oyster, Trulucks, Bazaar Mar. Lots of It Italian, from Toscana Divino, Fi'lia, Perricones, etc. Burger places, gastro pubs, cuban.

Thank you. We would probably be most interested in seafood. Especially something local and not a big chain.

May I ask where you found a good price fir the Conrad. I know "good" is a relative term. ;)

Thanks

What might be a "good" rate on one date will be doubled on another. The date is the key. For winter it can run over $350.

Thank you. We would probably be most interested in seafood. Especially something local and not a big chain.

Yes, tons of great places near by both hotels. For Seafood and walking distance my choice would be Miami River Oyster Bar. If you don't mind getting in a quick Uber ride and want something really "Miami" and very casual, go to Garcias.

We usually stay near where the Conrad Hilton is located. By the way without a doubt I would select Conrad over Hyatt. Location is much better too me.

About a 10 minute walk from the Hotel on Brickell is Truluck's. There are about eight of them nationally but please don't think of them as a chain. Their food is wonderful. Have eaten there a few times most recently a few months ago.

https://trulucks.com/locations/miami-florida/

Another place we love is just a few minutes walk from your hotel. It's specialty is Italian Cuisine. Locally owned. Unique restaurant in terms of exterior and interior. Attracts lots of locals and naturally some tourists. It's called Perricone's.

We love sea food and there are enough choices on the menu to make us happy plus each day there are a couple of specials one of which will be seafood.

http://www.perricones.com

Keith

Yes, tons of great places near by both hotels. For Seafood and walking distance my choice would be Miami River Oyster Bar. If you don't mind getting in a quick Uber ride and want something really "Miami" and very casual, go to Garcias.

Thanks. I will make note of both of these.

We usually stay near where the Conrad Hilton is located. By the way without a doubt I would select Conrad over Hyatt. Location is much better too me.

About a 10 minute walk from the Hotel on Brickell is Truluck's. There are about eight of them nationally but please don't think of them as a chain. Their food is wonderful. Have eaten there a few times most recently a few months ago.

https://trulucks.com/locations/miami-florida/

Another place we love is just a few minutes walk from your hotel. It's specialty is Italian Cuisine. Locally owned. Unique restaurant in terms of exterior and interior. Attracts lots of locals and naturally some tourists. It's called Perricone's.

We love sea food and there are enough choices on the menu to make us happy plus each day there are a couple of specials one of which will be seafood.

http://www.perricones.com

Keith

Thanks. I will keep these suggestions also.

Last Minute Travel Club LMT-Club often has very good rates for this hotel.(the Conrad) I believe there is usually a fee to join that site, but it is minimal, and I use them often, and get good hotel rates as well as good customer service. Have not stayed at the Conrad yet, but it looks like a fine hotel.

Edited by SMSACE6

I agree with River Oyster, Garcia's and Trulucks.

Also good next to Garcias are Casablanca and Seaspice. Seaspice is always in all the movies and tv shows filmed in Miami. In particular almost all reality shows.