Cozumel - La Casa En La Playa Select Retreat - is the water safe?

cate151

Ive never been to Mexico, and we are going to be in Cozumel the 4th of July and doing the La Casa en La Playa Select retreat - which includes unlimited drinks and food. Im not planning to drink the tap water, but am wondering if say, the ice for the drinks would be safe. And the food, would the water they use to cook anything be safe? Im sure they wouldn't offer this excursion daily if the food & drinks weren't safe I am just trying to make extra sure. Thanks!

Resorts that rely on tourism to survive don't stay in business long if they serve food or drinks that make their customers sick.

These resorts spend the extra money to ensure safe foods, ice, and water.

No worries about the ice. We just returned from this excursion last week and they specifically said they only use filtered spring water. You are going to have an amazing time there. I'm actually a little jealous! None of us wanted to leave. It was wonderful. Have fun!

What about fresh fruits and veggies in say salsa etc at various beach restaurants like this one or Paradise Beach?

I've never had problems with fresh fruits or salsa anywhere in Cozumel, including some places a bit more off the beaten track. The island is set up for tourists, and that includes using purified water to clean and prepare foods, and to make ice.

When I go for a week I take a pepto daily just in case; but if I really got food poisoning, that wouldn't help.

(I will note that the AI I stayed at the staff wore gloves to prepare the meal and it went like this: put hand into bag of frozen hamburger patties and throw one on the grill, put hand into bag of buns, put hand into lettuce/tomato. So the food safety wasn't pristine; they were touching raw meat.... but we were fine.)