seeking radiance cabin advice

jeannie126

I am planning 2015 early booking on the radiance for alaska for may 30- early June . I wondered if I cannot get early booking cabin 1100 or 1602 should I try for another superior aft cabin or should I just go for a Jr suite on deck 10 port side. I would love the aft junior suite but if it wasn't available would the other aft superiors be great also even if it is a smaller room /balcony. if it rains would I be better off with the suite on 10 with the large overhang? any advise appreciated

All of the balconies will have some cover....each deck is covered by the deck above. Even the aft balconies will have partial cover.....close to the cabin, it's covered...by the railing, it's not, on the aft balconies.

Personally, I prefer a JS....when doing scenic viewing, I like to be on an open, upper deck so I have views everywhere! I dislike that extremely long hallway to the aft....more of a pain than exercise, IMO!

thanks for taking the time to reply. I usually like to be on a floor that is below cabins but except for the two aft ones all qthe jr suites on the radiance are only on the top floor. hope it's not too noisy . I will try for a forward junior suite thanks again

We have had #1042 on ROS Alaska and loved the overhang it gave us and the location..very warm and cozy.

This May we are in #8168 had to downsize as we're taking the extended family with us..May is our favorite time for Alaska...enjoy !!

We had 1100 on the 2nd half of a B2B Australia/New Zealand cruise and it was wonderful - huge room, huge balcony, quiet, spectacular views. If that's not available (and it usually isn't!) 1602 or one of the smaller aft balconies would be my 2nd choice, rather than the other Jr. Suites on Deck 10 aft. We were in 1094 for the 1st half of the B2B and it was one of the noisiest cabins we've ever been in. On the deck plans, it looked like we'd be under the seating area of Izumi on Deck 11, but apparently we were under a food prep area; very loud grinding noises (like a giant coffee grinder or garbage disposal) started up at 5:00am and went on sporadically all day. Some of these aft Jr. Suites on 10 may be less noisy, but I'd check specific cabin numbers before booking one of them.

if you don't mind me asking how was your May weather? I read it can vary. would I bring a heavy northface with zip out liner or is that too heavy. being from boston I guess I have enough coats in my closet (snowing as I type this)

We've had great weather during both of our May cruises..just enough cold..I want my Alaska cool...

Layers have worked out best for us...but the locals can even be in short sleeves during this time...You can easily tell the tourists by the heavy jackets/boots some wear...

Love May so much (and the prices) we're going again for the 3rd time this coming May.