Hawaiian Hotel Recommendations for Pre-cruise stay

Debracanuk

Does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel to stay at for a couple of days prior to our Hawaiian cruise on NCL? The cruise line is affiliated with the Marriott and the Hilton. I've read good and bad about both, but want a hotel with a good view of the ocean and Diamond Head if possible, but don't want to break the bank to stay there. :confused:

We have stayed at Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel. It's almost directly on the water, at the end of Waikiki Beach near the zoo and aquarium. From the back of the hotel, the rooms can have a view of Diamond Head. From the front, you can see the water. It was perfectly situated to walk all around Waikiki area with its many restaurants and shops.

The included breakfast buffet [no hot items] was offered with insulated soft-sided mini cooler bags, so you can load up and take your breakfast to go.

The ground floor of the hotel is home to Wolfgang Puck's restaurant, and there's also a Subway restaurant just around the corner. And of course, several ABC stores in every direction!

Edited by terri-eddie

but want a hotel with a good view of the ocean and Diamond Head if possible, but don't want to break the bank to stay there. :confused:

In Waikiki,,, you can't have both. You're going to spend $200 - $300 a night to stay ON Waikiki with ocean view.

You can stay a block or 2 OFF Waikiki with mountain view for $150 - $250 a night.

If you get a rental car, plan on the hotel charging you anywhere from $15 to $30 a day for parking. Meals are going to be anywhere from $50 to $100 a day per person if you stick with the Waikiki location.

Waikiki is not for the faint of heart when it comes to the wallet.

You can pay a lot for meals in Waikiki....or you can save the budget and eat at places like McDonalds and Subway. My husband and I had breakfast included at our hotel, so we were able to save money on that. Then, we just ate lightly for lunch, like the places I mentioned. We splurged a bit on nicer places for dinner, but even so, there were menu items that didn't totally break the bank. It's all up to you, how much you spend.

One recommendation...try a shave ice! They're delicious! Also...go to Diamond Head Market and Grill and buy a scone...they're enormous, and so good!

• 1 year later...