Splash Academy on port days - must an adult remain on board?

The Mister

I tried to find this with various searches, but my Google-fu is apparently a bit off.

Due to a new regulation re: cave tubing (min height 48"), our DD4 may not be able to go with us. One possibility, I was thinking, was if she enjoys Splash Academy as much as she enjoyed Camp Carnival on our previous cruise, maybe we could just leave her there for the day. (She has already asked if we would do that again, as she apparently enjoyed that day about as much as we did last time, when the rest of us simply took the tender to the port and went to the chocolate shop.)

So, long story short ("Too late!"), does NCL require that at least one parent/guardian remain on board while a child is in Splash Academy on port days? I thought I saw something about that, but I can't find it any more.

I would assume yes. What if they get sick or hurt? Someone needs to be there. Also, if I remember correctly, they close from noon to two. Is there another family member that will be on board and not go cave tubing? My daughter loves spash academy also so I can see how you would be willing to do so. :)

Port days someone doesn't have to stay on board while a child is in Splash. You can sign them up for the hours they're closed but you have to pay extra and they serve them lunch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I think it also depends on the staff....

On Jewel I left my son onboard for 2 hours while I went jet skiing.

On Dawn the staff said we couldn't both get off in Bermuda to go to Frog & Onion for a cocktail.

There used to be a charge to leave kids in Splash Academy on port days but I think that has changed recently and now only applies if you leave them during a meal

Want some alone time? Then drop off the little ones at Port Play for free. Only a small fee applies for the supervision of your child(ren) during breakfast, lunch, and dinner hours. Meal times are based on ship and itinerary.

Just got off Dawn today (did same trip last year) and the kids never want to leave Splash Academy! We got off and left them there and picked them up for lunch. We could have left them and paid to have the staff take them to lunch but it's a family trip and would like to see the kids at some point! All they want is Splash Academy!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

No, the parents (or parent) does not have to stay on the ship with them. Yes, they can stay there while you are in port doing whatever excursion and you only have to pay $6 (which "covers" their meal time). :)

Are babysitters available?

No, Norwegian doesn’t offer babysitting but instead offers Group Sitting Services for children ages 3-12 years old every night from 10:30pm - 1:30am (Late Night Fun Zone) and on port days while the ship is docked.

On Port Days, a minimal fee is charged only during scheduled meal time per the activity booklet.

Nightly at Late Night Fun Zone, there is an hourly fee of $6.00 per hour, per child and $4.00 per hour, per child for each additional sibling.

Parents are encouraged to sign up in advance for both services. If no children are signed up or dropped off by 11:30 pm for the nightly service, the youth center will close for the evening. The fees are charged to your on-board account. Fifteen minute transition time is offered before charges apply from Splash Academy to Late Night. Both services are run by the Youth Staff in the Splash Academy Facility.

Hours of Operations

Port Day: Arrival into Port – Departure from Port

Overnight In Port: Arrival in Port – 8:00 pm