Buying ligour from Carnival and taking it off the ship

missypriss19

Was thinking of buying a bottle of rum through Carnival. Will not be drinking it on the ship since we plan on purchasing Cheers. But can we take it off the boat in Half Moon Cay to use on the island since the Cheers program does not cover the island?

No, you cannot do this. Any liquor you buy on the ship is held until the final night when they deliver it to your room.

No, you cannot do this. Any liquor you buy on the ship is held until the final night when they deliver it to your room.

Sorry I guess I should have clarified. We are not buying the bottle from the gift shop. We will be purchasing it through the fun shop prior to boarding and it will be waiting in our room at time of departure.

Sorry I guess I should have clarified. We are not buying the bottle from the gift shop. We will be purchasing it through the fun shop prior to boarding and it will be waiting in our room at time of departure.

Yeah, just save an empty water bottle or two and fill them up and toss it in your beach bag :D

technically I believe the rule is that if you buy a bottle of alcohol it must be consumed in the room only. so technically you would be breaking the rules. I am not sure how stringent they are when you leave the ship.

They check when you get back on not when you leave.

Actually, you can pre-order liquor to have waiting in your room, AND, you can order after the ship sails from room service. My last two cruises on the Glory and Triumph, they will do this and they go to a specific bar for the bottle. The price is the same as you would pay if you pre-order.

In answer to the OP's question, someone already advised that technically you are not supposed to leave your cabin with the alcohol.