Drinks question for newbie with P&O

mondas42

Hi

We are old hands with RCI, but moving to p&o for the first time with a 12 night cruise next August. I understand that p&o charge cheaper prices for drinks, but neither myself or my wife are big drinkers. On RCI you can get water/fruit cordial and flat lemonade as well as tea and coffee free at any time of the day from the self serve machines outside the windjammer near the pool. Is there the similar option on p&o?

Many thanks

Martin

Hi

We are old hands with RCI, but moving to p&o for the first time with a 12 night cruise next August. I understand that p&o charge cheaper prices for drinks, but neither myself or my wife are big drinkers. On RCI you can get water/fruit cordial and flat lemonade as well as tea and coffee free at any time of the day from the self serve machines outside the windjammer near the pool. Is there the similar option on p&o?

Many thanks

Martin

No. Tea & Coffee most of day fruit juice only at breakfast.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

One thing you will miss coming from RCCL or any other US line is ice - yes you can ask your steward to fill your ice bucket, yes you can queue and ask for a glass of ice at the bar but unlike US lines where ice is freely available along with the water dispensers in the buffet, it isnt on P&O and the water out of the dispenser is not overly cold and as Cloudyrain says above it doesnt taste very nice.

Edited by richleeds
typo

Do they have fresh milk in the cabins or is that artificial stuff? Also, does anyone know what teabags they use? I'm quite fussy about my tea so may need to bring my own:D

They have the sachets of milk, yuk. I order a jug of milk from room service and keep it in the fridge. I think the tea is english breakfast, not bad:)

Molly