I phone or Android

mamaofami

I am due for a new phone. I've always had an android and need help deciding if I should stick with that or get an I phone. Any thoughts?

You guys really helped me buy a camera a few years ago so I'm hoping for some input. Thanks

What do you want with your phone? We have Iphone and Android users in the family.

Reasons people choose Iphone:

- Works well with other I-devices

- Works well with other people having Iphones or other Idevices (Imessage, Facetime etc.)

- Resell value

- Life expectancy

- Apps

Reasons people choose Android:

- Cheaper

- Able to do more things yourself (open source software etc.)

- More choices (larger screen etc. etc.)

What do you find important in your phone?

Thank you for answering. I have no other I phone or apple devices.

I use it for personal use. Want a navigation system,camera, ease of email, CC on face, several other aps. My present Motorolla doesn't have a long battery life. I need ease of use.

Thank you. Any particular Android you like? I use Verizon as a carrier.

I'm not US based, so can't help you with good deals. The new Motorola Droid Maxx gets good reviews, but is considered expensive. Not sure if that's in your range of what you are looking for. If you want to switch to another brand, I suggest you go and look at some phones up close to see what you like based on screen size, camera etc. and then check online.

Edited by cruise_bunnies

Thank you for answering. I have no other I phone or apple devices.

I use it for personal use. Want a navigation system,camera, ease of email, CC on face, several other aps. My present Motorolla doesn't have a long battery life. I need ease of use.

Do a Google search on best android phone battery life and restrict the date range so as not to see old data.

DON

I have an older Droid RAZR Maxx...same experience. Good speed, great battery and beautiful screen. Camera is actually pretty good and newer units are even better. You may also want to look at the Moto-x or even the Nexus 5.

I don't think Android has an app for doing a virtual high-five, but Google maps and navigation makes that lack worthwhile. ;)

Dave

I have an older Droid RAZR Maxx...same experience. Good speed, great battery and beautiful screen. Camera is actually pretty good and newer units are even better. You may also want to look at the Moto-x or even the Nexus 5.

I don't think Android has an app for doing a virtual high-five, but Google maps and navigation makes that lack worthwhile. ;)

Dave

Hi Pierces, you gave me great advice a while back about a digital camera so I'll check the other ones out too.

Do you think I need a Garmin if I have the navigation system on the new phone?

Edited by mamaofami

Coke-Pepsi

Ford-Chevy

Nikon-Canon

NCL-CCL

Etc etc etc

The apps are pretty much the same on both these days. No big learning curve on either (if you can use one you can use the other). All the carriers (in the US anyway) have both. You can use google maps on both so no need to pay for a navigation system. (I use it all the time, the navigation part works great and it is free)

I prefer the iPhone because I use a Mac for my computer and all my music is on iTunes and I only need one unit for phone/music player/ organizer etc etc.

I've had and used both I just like the piece of fruit a little better.

Edited by TruckerDave

Hi Pierces, you gave me great advice a while back about a digital camera so I'll check the other ones out too.

Do you think I need a Garmin if I have the navigation system on the new phone?

I have both. If I am going somewhere where I know the big part but need fine directions at the end or I'm looking for an address not too far away, I use the phone. For a long trip, I use my Tom Tom because it is made to run the display for as long as you want where the phone screen gets pretty warm and running it constantly will suck even the largest battery dry. You can plug the phone into a car charger and it probably won't hurt it to run warm but I already had a navigation unit when I got the Droid and didn't want to buy a car mount for it.

Both work great.

Dave

Edited by pierces