Disembarking in Seattle

Dinda

Will be on the Ruby Princess this summer for a round trip Alaska cruise. Since the last port stop is Victoria, will we have to go through customs when we get off the ship in Seattle. We have a 12:30 flight out so need to get to the airport ASAP. We are planning to have Seattle Express for pick up at pier and take us to the airport. What is a reasonable time to have them there for pick up. We are looking at carrying our on luggage off the ship. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Even with customs you have plenty of time. If you look down the page this question has been asked in various ways.

Here is my standard response:

- either pier is about a 30 minute drive to SeaTac, but give it an hr due to road and tunnel construction, sports events, city events, and general lousy Seattle traffic

- for a domestic flight you MUST be at the airport at least 2 hrs prior to departure.

Therefore give yourself 3 hrs from the time you disembark.

Seatac is very busy in the summer, especially on cruisedays when thousands of passengers are told to go to Seatac at noon or later.

At Seatac you can use any TSA line, not just the one nearest your gate, so if one line is busy, look at the others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

- for a domestic flight you MUST be at the airport at least 2 hrs prior to departure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just curious as to why you state the above? I fly monthly - sometimes more out of the busiest airports in the nation - Charlotte, Atlanta, LaGuardia, Las Vegas etc..and an hour is always sufficient. Is there some construction or something else going on at SEATAC where you recommend being there 2 hrs early for a domestic flight?

Just curious as to why you state the above? I fly monthly - sometimes more out of the busiest airports in the nation - Charlotte, Atlanta, LaGuardia, Las Vegas etc..and an hour is always sufficient. Is there some construction or something else going on at SEATAC where you recommend being there 2 hrs early for a domestic flight?

On cruise days the lines for security can be brutal. If you're a frequent flyer with status, or are signed up for TSA pre-check, then you won't need as much time. Without those, an hour at SEA can be dicey on cruise days.

On cruise days the lines for security can be brutal. If you're a frequent flyer with status, or are signed up for TSA pre-check, then you won't need as much time. Without those, an hour at SEA can be dicey on cruise days.

Thanks for clarification Gardyloo! Our flight is at 1:15pm so we should be fine, even if we don't actual disembark until 10a

But have you flown out of Sea-Tac, in high cruise season, on a day when several boats are coming in? That's a different matter entirely. Two hours is the minimum I would allow myself.

But have you flown out of Sea-Tac, in high cruise season, on a day when several boats are coming in? That's a different matter entirely. Two hours is the minimum I would allow myself.

No, that is why I asked.