M Class Sweet 16 vs. larger balcony 7176??

gallivanter

We're trying to decide between 6035 which is one of the "sweet 16" and 7176 which is one of the larger 2B aft (though not aft facing) balcony cabins (directly across from the aft stairs/elevators) for an Alaska cruise on the Infinity. Our concerns with 6035 is the noise from the theatre with late night rehearsals and with 7176 is the noise from our fellow passengers in the elevator lobby. Have any of you had problems in these cabins?

I stayed in 7175 on the Millinnium for 14 days. It was a great cabin with the balcony just large enough to get a pool lounge chair (good luck on that) and if you put it right up to the edge you can actually get some sun, enough to get some color. It was great for reading/napping (they usually go together with me) in the afternoon. Elevator noise was not really an issue....and I hardly every heard people go by making noise.

Good luck.

Sylvia H

Sweet Sixteen cabins: the first 8 balcony cabins forward on deck 6. We have had one and it really was nice, and we have 6035 for our B2B on the Connie starting on the 28th. These cabins are not CC, but they have a pretty large balcony area, that we use as a "2nd room", much like the aft balconies, and at a much less price.

We did not hear any noise from the theatre. The only drawback is that it is a long way from the central elevators. It does not bother us, as we make it a point to use the forward elevators...and the area is really quiet too.

We were in 6035 last winter and loved it. We never heard a single sound from the theater (I was worried about that as well). Actually, since the room is far forward, it is especially quite since very few people are walking by. The balcony is double depth and, when we arrived, we asked the room steward if he would get us two lounge chairs. They were on the balcony by the time we got back from the life boat drill. So, two chairs, two loungers and a small table fit with ease. We will always try for one of these cabins on any M class ship.

Thanks so much for your comments...it seems like either choice would be good. Greydog's response prompts this question: in Alaska when it can be misty (or worse, raining) and cold, is 7176 more sheltered from the weather than a sweet 16??

I came on the boards to ask the very same question about noise in 6035 from the theater on deck 5. We are in this cabin for a 10/08 sailing on the Connie and I got so excited about the balcony size and securing this cabin, I didn't do my usual due diligence about what's above and below our cabin. It's good to hear that others have not experienced any noise in this cabin. I love Cruise Critic and that someone is thinking the same thing I am!

A friend of mine had 6025 last year and on that Transatlantic it was very wet at times on the balcony because of spray in heavy seas. It's low down and near the bow of the ship. I can't answer what it would be like in just heavy rain. It seemed to be pretty sheltered from above near the patio door. There are a few pictures of the balcony in the photo link in my signature line.

No noise was heard from the theatre below. I think the issue of noise is more apparent from what is above you and there are just cabins overhead which was fine.

Phil

If you want a balcony, and don't want to pay extra for something larger, then 7176 on Infinity is great. We had it last March for our Panama Canal cruise (Thank you, Mom), and it has room for the usual 2 chairs and a table, as well as a pair of lounge chairs. I don't know how great that will be on an Alaska cruise. As far as the location. It's great! It's at the same elevator as the Trellis Dining room. Infinity is a wonderful ship. I can't compare it to the Sweet 16 cabins, having never seen them. I think deck 7 - Vista - is better because it has cabins above and below, rather than public areas, but to each his/her own.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Archived