Radisson Resort at the Port (Canaveral)

lovestocruise19

Just booked a Carnival Valor cruise with DH and my parents (their first time!). I've been looking at the Raddison Resort at the Port and their site has what seems like a really good rate of $112 for a night stay for the four of us in one room. This is for advanced booking and is nonrefundable. Does anyone know if that rate will stay like that or should I jump on that rate now?

Also, anyone ever use the transportation the hotel offers from MCO to the hotel? On their site it says $50 for two and $10 for each additional person. So I'm assuming that would be $70 for all four of us to get to the hotel from the airport. Is this something you book in advance? I was thinking about booking the hotel online and then calling to add the transportation. Also wondering if the transportation to the port the next day is something I'd do in advance or when you check in. Anyone know what the rate is for that?

Last question. I've read some bad reviews about Flamingos Restaurant in the hotel. Is the pizza place or that mom and pop restaurant within walking distance any good?

Any overall impressions of the hotel would be good too. Thanks!

Just booked a Carnival Valor cruise with DH and my parents (their first time!). I've been looking at the Raddison Resort at the Port and their site has what seems like a really good rate of $112 for a night stay for the four of us in one room. This is for advanced booking and is nonrefundable. Does anyone know if that rate will stay like that or should I jump on that rate now?

Also, anyone ever use the transportation the hotel offers from MCO to the hotel? On their site it says $50 for two and $10 for each additional person. So I'm assuming that would be $70 for all four of us to get to the hotel from the airport. Is this something you book in advance? I was thinking about booking the hotel online and then calling to add the transportation. Also wondering if the transportation to the port the next day is something I'd do in advance or when you check in. Anyone know what the rate is for that?

Last question. I've read some bad reviews about Flamingos Restaurant in the hotel. Is the pizza place or that mom and pop restaurant within walking distance any good?

Any overall impressions of the hotel would be good too. Thanks!

I cannot help with rate predictions but can answers a few of your other questions!

I would book the MCO shuttle in advance because the service is done on demand. The Radisson uses Cocoa Beach Shuttle and they will probably try to group together some guests for the ride and you want to be in one of the first ones who depart after your flight arrival!

The Port shuttles are $6 per person and you can book those on arrival but be aware guests with priority and early cruise embarkation plans will try to get on the very first shuttles - so it is best to book in advance as well if you want to arrive earliest at the ship. They do run the shuttle frequently until all guests have boarded so no big deal if you are not in a rush.

You are within walking distance (right next door or across the street) from:

Zachary's (a Greek flavor that we have come to enjoy lately, especially breakfast. However they are not open every day it seems )

Thai Thai - wonderful Thai/Japannese. Love that place.

Kelseys Pizza - Very good but popular so arrive early

Preacher - one of our new favorites and one of the hottest places to go in Cape Canaveral as of late. Very different and interesting décor and food.

Subway

We like the outside Flamingo Tiki bar at the Radisson and go there often just to mingle with cruisers and also friends who live nearby. Good music and fun to set the mood before a cruise!

We have stayed at the Radisson at the port several times- enjoy the pool area

and rooms. The front desk is helpful. We sign up for the port shuttle when we get there.

Have liked the breakfasts- go to Kelsey's for dinner.

Have a great cruise and let us know about your Port C. experience.

I cannot help with rate predictions but can answers a few of your other questions!

I would book the MCO shuttle in advance because the service is done on demand. The Radisson uses Cocoa Beach Shuttle and they will probably try to group together some guests for the ride and you want to be in one of the first ones who depart after your flight arrival!

The Port shuttles are $6 per person and you can book those on arrival but be aware guests with priority and early cruise embarkation plans will try to get on the very first shuttles - so it is best to book in advance as well if you want to arrive earliest at the ship. They do run the shuttle frequently until all guests have boarded so no big deal if you are not in a rush.

You are within walking distance (right next door or across the street) from:

Zachary's (a Greek flavor that we have come to enjoy lately, especially breakfast. However they are not open every day it seems )

Thai Thai - wonderful Thai/Japannese. Love that place.

Kelseys Pizza - Very good but popular so arrive early

Preacher - one of our new favorites and one of the hottest places to go in Cape Canaveral as of late. Very different and interesting décor and food.

Subway

We like the outside Flamingo Tiki bar at the Radisson and go there often just to mingle with cruisers and also friends who live nearby. Good music and fun to set the mood before a cruise!

Thanks for all the advice! Much appreciated.

We have stayed at the Radisson at the port several times- enjoy the pool area

and rooms. The front desk is helpful. We sign up for the port shuttle when we get there.

Have liked the breakfasts- go to Kelsey's for dinner.

Have a great cruise and let us know about your Port C. experience.

I figured you would have to sign up for the port shuttle once you arrived. I will try to book the shuttle from MCO ahead of time, though. Sounds like this hotel has options nearby for food and it convenient for cruise travelers. Just what we need!

Zach's open every day for BREAKFAST and LUNCH; dinner Fri and Sat only

Sunday - Thursday: 7AM - 3PM

Friday, Saturday: 7AM - 10PM

http://zacharysrestaurant.com/

kelsey's is my favorite pizza/family italian around town (several locations but family owned) http://kelseyscanaveral.com/

and don't forget you are a SHORT taxi ride from Grills and Fishlips ...

Edited by Capt_BJ