BEST Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

CruisingLover

What is considered the BEST hotel in Ft. Lauderdale to be able to see the ships come in?

We are booked at the Gallery One right now but just wondered if there was something better? We will be there for 2 days pre cruise in January.

Edited by CruisingLover

If you look down the board, the hotels commonly mentioned are Hyatt Pier 66, Hilton Marina and Embassy Suites. For comparative ranking, check out TripAdvisor.

Thanks. I just checked on all of those. Unfortunately the Hyatt and the Hilton can't accommodate the 5 of us and Embassy is sold out. Maybe I'm good where I am...

Lago Mar and Marriott Harbor Beach are very nice beach hotels just north of the port inlet. You will get a great view of the ships coming in from those properties, but the ships come in really early, in the middle of the night. So you'll be starting your cruise sleep deprived.

As commonly discussed here, the places most likely to accommodate 5 in a room are the ones that have "Suites" in their name. Having 5 in your group might have been important info to share with us so we could help you faster.

I realized that I failed to put the number in our party until it was too late and the suggestions started coming in :o Sorry about that.

Thank you, everyone, for your suggestions. I just really want this vacation to be great as it could end up being the last one with my kids. No matter how much I tried, they wouldn't listen and continued to get older :( With two in college already it's getting harder and harder to plan trips...

Lago Mar and Marriott Harbor Beach are very nice beach hotels just north of the port inlet. You will get a great view of the ships coming in from those properties, but the ships come in really early, in the middle of the night. So you'll be starting your cruise sleep deprived.

Thanks for those suggestions :) Unfortunately, those are both not available for my dates.

The Ft Laud Boat Show starts November 5th, so you might not find anything near the port that week.

Is there a boat show in January too? That's when the OP stated she was cruising.

I know about the boat show this November as it made it difficult to get a room for myself. I feel lucky I got the Renaissance for one night at $278! :eek:

Is there a boat show in January too? That's when the OP stated she was cruising.

I know about the boat show this November as it made it difficult to get a room for myself. I feel lucky I got the Renaissance for one night at $278! :eek:

OOps. I missed that she said January. :o I'm not sure why she's having so much trouble finding a room so far in advance of January.

I've only been trying online. Maybe if I actually call the hotels that might make a difference?

I mean, I DO have GALLERYone booked so at least we won't be on the streets! I was just mainly looking to see if there were a better one for the 5 of us to be staying at. I'm probably just over thinking this as I do with most vacation planning :o