Solo Cruiser Thank You

chrismakris

This thank you is a long time coming, but hopefully it will give those who are not sure about solo cruising a little more confidence to go ahead and do it.

Last October I took a cruise on the Constellation from Venice through the Mediterranean and with it being my first time cruising solo I didn't know what to expect. I was nervous, I thought I would have too much time on my hands, I thought I would be bored.

Well, none of that was the case. From the moment I got on board I felt like I was part of a huge family. Everyone I met on board was over the top gracious and hospitable and I can honestly say I have never had such a good time. From being invited to birthday dinners to excursions to blackjacks tables and the Martini Bar, thank you to everyone on board. You definitely made my decision to cruise solo a lot easier.

So glad you had a great time! As you say your response may inspire others to give cruising a go!

Any advice for others? For example, did you join your roll call? Where there any special meetings/activities for singles on board?....

I would agree. I sail solo the majority of the time and am never at a lack for people to do things w/. I do join the rollcall and find many friends prior to sailing. However once on board as long as you are more outgoing and willing to join in conversations you will find many new and interesting friends on board.

I sailed solo many times until my sister retired and was always available...I always asked for early seating, large table. My first real vacation was an airline package tour to Curacao. I was 27 and solo. I had a grand time. A cousin asked me how I could bear to go alone. I told her 'It's 100% better than not going at all!" EM