Springhill Suites Dania Beach

duegwb

We're looking for a pre cruise hotel. Currently we have the Hyatt 17th St booked. I read the Springhill Suites offers a free shuttle to the port in the morning. Is that pretty organized in the morning or a cluster?

"Free" shuttles are always a cluster...they go when THEY want, not when you want, and they're not really "free"....the cost is rolled into the price of the room..

Stay where you want and take a cab, it's only going to be around 10-15 bucks from hotels on 17th and it will go when YOU want, with only YOUR party!!:D

"Free" shuttles are always a cluster...they go when THEY want, not when you want, and they're not really "free"....the cost is rolled into the price of the room..

Stay where you want and take a cab, it's only going to be around 10-15 bucks from hotels on 17th and it will go when YOU want, with only YOUR party!!:D

You make a good point, thank you. 😆

We're looking for a pre cruise hotel. Currently we have the Hyatt 17th St booked. I read the Springhill Suites offers a free shuttle to the port in the morning. Is that pretty organized in the morning or a cluster?

We've stayed there several times and highly recommend the hotel. We usually take a cab too.

Hey Megr1125 :) Did you just have the hotel call you a taxi/cab or did you arrange a prior pick up time? We are trying to decide what to do in November. We are a party of 4 adults and I have been calling/emailing around and the $15-20 sounds better than the others.

We have stayed at the Springhill for our last 6 cruises and always take the shuttle to the pier with no problems. Shuttles leave at certain times and you need to sign up for the time you want. Your name is then called when the shuttle is loading for your departure time. There is no charge but most do tip the driver. Whatever you decide, have a great cruise:)

This is the hotel we stay at when cruising and arriving via FLL. I like this hotel and it's location near shops and restaurants. They have large buses and they are pretty organized, but there are a lot of people coming and going (they charge to return to the hotel but it is convenient as our December cruise had a 45 min taxi line.) If you don't plan on being there first it is great. They pick up and return at the airport as well so it's saves some cruise spending money. The free WiFi and other amenities with the transportation is why we keep returning.

I'm staying there in September one night, using points but the rate without the free shuttle was about $25 less than the one with when I was looking.

We are taking a cab.

I like the fact across the street from BJ's and I a "Mart" be it K or Wall(forgot) we probably will use BJ's to get some sun screen and not worry about TSA.

We have stayed at the Springhill for our last 6 cruises and always take the shuttle to the pier with no problems. Shuttles leave at certain times and you need to sign up for the time you want. Your name is then called when the shuttle is loading for your departure time. There is no charge but most do tip the driver. Whatever you decide, have a great cruise:)

Agree with this. Shuttle to the pier is well organized and ran on time. They try to have multiple shuttles to multiple ships, to avoid the waiting time at the piers. You need to sign up the night before as they do fill up.

Does anyone have suggestions for hotels in the Ft. Lauderdale area that has free or low cost shuttles to Port Everglades and also offers parking while we are on our cruise? We have stayed at the Quality Inn before but I wanted to try someplace else this time. We have family meeting us in Ft. Lauderdale that will be flying in so an airport shuttle would be great, too.