Hotel to Port transportation

Sam22

Hey, I have a question I'm hoping somebody can help me with. There are 6 of us staying at the Roosevelt hotel the night before our cruise and I'm wondering if it would be easier for us to book acouple of vans to get us all there or just take taxis. Most of the companies I've found that offer a shuttle service seem to mostly serve the airport to the port, but I want hotel to port. Is there a shuttle rental anyone would recommend? Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

We crammed 7 into a van with luggage and everything, it was horrible.

Just take 2 taxis, its a flat $7 per person, just easier then trying to plan a limo for a 5-10 minute ride.

The taxi drivers want you to cram into one so they get a higher fate.

Just walk up to the taxis separately. You get dropped off at the same place. :eek:

A cab will take you there for $7 a head. It's a pretty short trip.

There are always cabs waiting in front of the hotel.

Yes, I thought it was pretty ridiculous that it was $7 flat rate per person for less than 1/2 mile trip to the port from the hotel we stayed in. The driver explained that it is an issue with the port charging a set fee for dropping off.

I don't know all the details, but it was too expensive for such a short ride.

With that said, we didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of the free shuttle that morning so we took the taxi. In similar circumstances I would probably do it again even though I think the price is too high. :)

Yes, I thought it was pretty ridiculous that it was $7 flat rate per person for less than 1/2 mile trip to the port from the hotel we stayed in. The driver explained that it is an issue with the port charging a set fee for dropping off.

I don't know all the details, but it was too expensive for such a short ride.

With that said, we didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of the free shuttle that morning so we took the taxi. In similar circumstances I would probably do it again even though I think the price is too high. :)

I'm guessing this is a joke? We usually pay $9 for two of us, but even $14 in the metro area is pretty cheap. Ever try NYC, Chicago or Houston? There are no other options. We think it's the best bargain of any of our travels to a major city.

I'm guessing this is a joke? We usually pay $9 for two of us, but even $14 in the metro area is pretty cheap. Ever try NYC, Chicago or Houston? There are no other options. We think it's the best bargain of any of our travels to a major city.

Not a joke. Jokes have punchlines and are funny. (sometimes)

I lived in the Chicago area for over 10 years in the past and took hundreds of cab rides there. I've been to NYC, San Francisco, Boston, Washington D.C., Dallas, Atlanta, etc. and 2 people taking a cab for 1/4 to 1/2 mile does not cost $14 in any of those cities. :)

• 1 month later...

The $7 dollar per person rate I only during Mardi Gras and Jazz Fest. This is nothing to do with the port setting a drop off fee.

The best thing to do if you can manage your luggage for less than 100 yards is ask to be dropped at the Ernest N Morial Convention Centre and walk to the port from there.

Make sure the meter is running in all cases.