Upscale Miami Hotel

SissasMomE

What would you say is the most upscale Maimi Hotel that is close to the Port and the Bayside Market Place?

Four Seasons

The Epic

The Viceroy

Mandarin Oriental

Marriott Marquis/JW

A little further away:

Ritz Carlton Coconut Grove

The Biltmore

Those are just a few that come to mind but Miami is luxury hotel dense. I'm probably leaving a half dozen off this list.

Blue Herons really gave you a list of beautiful luxury hotels/resorts. You said "upscale". Which could mean something less than luxury. I would say that the Intercontinental is more "upscale" compared to the Holiday Inn. It's all relative. And both are VERY near to Bayside and the port.

Do you have some kind of budget? And date of stay? That would help us define what you mean by "upscale".

Edited by eandj

I had the Intercontinental booked, but after reading some reviews on trip advisor, I cancelled. Do you have any thoughts on the JW Marriott on Brickell Ave? It's only for 2 nights, and I'm probably making a bigger deal out of this than need be :rolleyes: Thanks for your help.

The Intercontinental on Chopin is a very nice business type hotel. Not sure what you could have read that would make you cancel.:confused:

We had drinks with friends in the JW Marriott but can't comment on rooms. Public areas nice.

As they are both nice, I'd be looking at the price. Being there for two nights, I doubt you will be staying in downtown Miami the whole visit anyways.

The Intercontinental on Chopin is a very nice business type hotel. Not sure what you could have read that would make you cancel.:confused:

We had drinks with friends in the JW Marriott but can't comment on rooms. Public areas nice.

As they are both nice, I'd be looking at the price. Being there for two nights, I doubt you will be staying in downtown Miami the whole visit anyways.

I read a few reviews from folks who said when they got there, the hotel was overbooked, and their reservation wasn't honored. It made me nervous to keep the booking, even though I was really looking forward to it.

I read a few reviews from folks who said when they got there, the hotel was overbooked, and their reservation wasn't honored. It made me nervous to keep the booking, even though I was really looking forward to it.

FWIW I had two rooms booked there last October during the Miami Ironman 70.3 when they were fully booked and downtown was PACKED. Received both rooms as booked and they even had them available before 3pm check in time.

We've stayed there at least once for the last ~4 years with no issues. Very convenient for a night or two pre-cruise.

FWIW I had two rooms booked there last October during the Miami Ironman 70.3 when they were fully booked and downtown was PACKED. Received both rooms as booked and they even had them available before 3pm check in time.

We've stayed there at least once for the last ~4 years with no issues. Very convenient for a night or two pre-cruise.

Ok. I'm going to chance it. We were all really looking forward to staying there. The people who lost their reservations apparantly checked in late. We should be there by 5pm, so I am hoping that will be ok.

Ok. I'm going to chance it. We were all really looking forward to staying there. The people who lost their reservations apparantly checked in late. We should be there by 5pm, so I am hoping that will be ok.

Call if you are running late to reconfirm. Then they shouldn't give away your room.

Some discount sites even say in the small print that if arriving after a certain hour, you would need to call to let the hotel know or you could lose the res.

We always call the morning of the stay if we know we will be arriving after 6. Just to be on the safe side in busy locations.

Edited by eandj

It is industry standard for hotels to overbook by 3%-5% during busy periods.

Always call your hotel if you are arriving after 3PM and give them an estimated time for your check in and ask them not to walk you or give away your reservation.

Even if the hotel oversells, they will not give away your room when you explicitly told them not to do this.