Can my 14 year old without a passport and different last name sail to the Bahamas?

I have a certified birth certificate and even a photo school id for my 14 year old. However, my last name is different than hers through a remarriage. I thought I had everything set document-wise, then I was reading Royal Caribbean's page and where it highlighted family documents I read the bit about if the parent and minor child with a different last name were on a closed loop trip that they needed to show passport and visa (if required) and birth certificate. Only over 16 required a photo id. I was hoping for clarification. I called the cruise lines and I had a very hard time understanding the accent of the person I spoke with, but they said no, that I just needed her birth certificate even with a different last name. So does anyone know if they mean passport and visa are both only needed if required? I found the wording confusing. I have my birth certificate and license and my birth certificate will link our names, and her dad signed a consent for her to go and we had it notarized, and I will bring a copy of my divorce papers, as well as my marriage certificate. Will this work? I know we need passports and passcards, but this was planned without enough time to renew all of them in time for the trip and I don't want to risk not getting our birth certificates back in time. Will this also be enough documentation to get off and back on the ship in the Bahamas? Thanks in advance.

We have had this issue when taking grandson on cruises and needed notarized permission from both parents to travel with grandson. In fact my daughter had an issue on last cruise with her son. They have same last name but was asked for a notarized letter from father that he gave permission for daughter to take grandson out of country. This she did not have as father is deceased but she had the good sense to pack a copy of his death certificate and the cruise line was fine with that. This was a caribbean cruise with RCCL.

Better safe than sorry...

I believe the documentation that you listed in your origional post, will be fine. I've sailed as a single parent with both my children and I. At the time my 12 year old had a passport and my 2 year old did not. I was only required to show my 2 year olds birth certificate and my sons passport. No one questioned the absent parent. However I'd packed all other supporting documentation just in case. However there was never an issue.

I have a certified birth certificate and even a photo school id for my 14 year old. However, my last name is different than hers through a remarriage. ... I have my birth certificate and license and my birth certificate will link our names, and her dad signed a consent for her to go and we had it notarized, and I will bring a copy of my divorce papers, as well as my marriage certificate. Will this work? ... Will this also be enough documentation to get off and back on the ship in the Bahamas? Thanks in advance.

Since your divorce papers show your last name the same as hers I presume, and you have her Dad's notarized statement, I think all of your documents will be enough for bridging the name.

You probably won't even have to show most of them.

With the difference of last names it might also be a good idea to get a medical release from the Dad so you can approve medical care for your daughter if needed.