B2B help

beachseeker

We are doing a b2b on the Quest in October with our turn around day in Civitavecchia. This is our first b2b. We want to do a tour to Ostia Antica. What is a reasonable time that we could schedule a start time for the tour? Do we have to check in for the 2nd cruise before leaving the ship? Not sure of the logistics and would appreciate advice.

Susan

Our B2B turnaround was in Chennai so it could be different than yours. We took a ship excursion on turnaround day. We had our new sea passes in hand the night before and were given instructions on the B2B logistics (can't remember for sure, but I think we used the old sea pass to leave the ship and the new one when we re boarded). Chennai Port is very different from Civitavecchia (no port building). Our tour left around 9:30, I think and other passengers were still disembarking at the same time. We had already cleared Indian Immigration Authorities onboard the day before, so we walked off the ship to our waiting bus.

On returning, the embarking passengers cleared Immigration at hotels and were bussed to the Port afterwards, so there wasn't the usual set up for embarkation. Just hopped off the bus back on to the ship,

I've disembarked at Civitavecchia several times (but never B2B) but would think you would want to leave after most of the other passengers were gone to avoid all the lines and luggage. Hopefully, someone who has done the turnaround day there will reply. I can say that Azamara does a great job with B2B.

Anyone done a b2b turnaround in Athens? Would love to hear what you did.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Forums mobile app

I did. I had a driver guide for several hours . Went sightseeing then to Plaka and wander around. Had a great lunch and shopped. Took about 30 minutes each way. Leave ship around 9 and you miss so called rush hour and have plenty of time.

When did you get your new sea pass?

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Forums mobile app

It comes to your room the night before. sometimes two nights before. depends when printed on ship. Also a letter comes to say all meet somewhere and get your new picture done. not a big deal and you can leave ship earlier but i would not as people are in line with suitcases. plan on leaving about 930 or stand in a customs line.